Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

BIMOTA SB8R / SB8RS OEM and Carbon Dream body work/fairings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daotoys1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: BIMOTA SB8R / SB8RS OEM and Carbon Dream body work/fairings Reply with quote

I have a brand new set of original OEM BIMOTA SB8R painted body panel / fairing plastics for the standard model SB8R bike. This set includes all 6 of the plastic panels that make up the bikes fairing/ body work.

All 6 pieces are painted and accented and are genuine OEM replacement parts for the SB8R model ( Red and White colors ).

Even though this set / kit was / is made for the Red and White painted standard SB8R model, this kit will also fit / work on the SB8RS Special model that is originally painted Black.

I also have a used Carbon Dream body work / fairing set /kit that fits both the SB8R and or SB8RS models BIMOTA.

The Carbon dream set basically replaces all of the plastic fairing panels with genuine carbon fiber parts. These pieces are all made if real carbon fiber weave with resin and clear coat top coat.

The Carbon Dream kit includes replacement parts for the 2 plastic belly oan pieces, the 2 side fairing and 2 front fairing plastic parts and also includes a nose cone / fairing nose / front assembly with headlight surround and integrated Air intake snorkels ( this replaces the regular fairing nose piece with the 2 separate air snorkel parts ).

This Carbon Dream set I bought from its original owner and I just never got to using it. I no longer own a bike that these parts were made for so Im parting them out.

For more information, pictures and or prices please contact me

Thanks

Doug

dougolmstedotr@hotmail.com

Colorado USA

DAO

The original price for this Carbon Dream carbon fiber fairing system was just over $8K USD retail.

Only a handful were ever made , and few were brought into the USA.

Only 150 SB8RS and less that the proposed 350 SB8R models were ever assembled and sold . The market for speciality aftermarket parts for BIMOTAs is very tiny as few owners wish to modify a collectable.

Carbon Dream was already suppling some of the carbon cosmetic parts for BIMOTA. This full carbon fairing was designed to improve upon the original BIMOTA design. Improvements included:

A one piece belly pan that eliminated the 2 piece plastic original is both lighter in weight, but also a true road race belly pan ( that holds any leaking or dripping oil or fluids preventing these liquids from contaminating the track surface ). The carbon fiber unit also eliminated some fasteners and resisted cracking and or heat warping that was a common problem with the original pieces.

The new single piece side panels were made to replace the original 2 piece design . Eliminating more fasteners and flex points and also making more of the OEM plastic parts into real carbon items.

The new fairing design also completely eliminated the 2 plastic fairing pieces that were found behind the front wheel and under the headlight / fairing nosepiece. This eliminated 2 more plastic pieces as well as improved engine cooling .

The other brilliant design change was making a new fairing frontal nose piece that integrated the 2 ram air intake ducts. This helped simplify the design as well as eliminating more flex points , and thus firming up the fit and finish.

These changes lowered the weight of the fairing assembly as well as simplified the R&R of the pieces allowing for much easier and faster access to the bikes interior. It also eliminated the 6 plastic parts of the OEM body work and thus eliminating the problems with the plastic parts cracking from flex and vibration ( also heat and over tightening of fasteners caused these plastics to fail ).

The bike becomes a true full carbon fiber fairing / body work enhanced exotic with these upgrades.

This Carbon Dream fairing kit was purchased by me many years ago. I bought it from the original and first owner who had put this on his BIMOTA . The fairing has never been put to use by me. I got it with the intent to put it on one of my bikes but I decided to sell my SB8RS bikes to get other BIMOTAs ....so Im no longer in need of this gem .

The fairing assembly is in very good condition. I know the original owner used this on a bike that was also used. I do not know how much use ( I do not know how many miles, or how long the fairing was actually put to use on a bike ). I bought it many years ago and my best guess is that it was only used for about a year or 2 before it was sold to me.

The fairing panels and pieces are in very good structural condition with no signs of abuse or crash damage, and no sights of being used beyond normal wear and tear.

The fairing pieces do have some light scratches in the upper clear coat in a number of places. These are from regular use as well as from having been mounted and unmounted a number of times as well as having been shipped and stored and moved around the shop over the years.

If a person wanted to put these on a collectors bike and or a show bike , I would suggest that the fairing pieces be gently wet sanded with extremely fine abrasives to eliminate the blemishes and then have the pieces re clear coated. This should restore them to their original cosmetics.

For racing or track use they could be put on and put to immediate use.

The fairing being used, and having some blemishes ( all of which can be easily repaired ) makes me willing to ask a very reasonable price.

Right now I have a number if people `who are interested in rare BIMOTA fairing kit.

I think that $3600 USD is very reasonable and fair considering the MSRP / retail of the set when it was being made and sold as an aftermarket upgrade ( to help put the price in context; the retail price for just the frontal nose piece with integrated ram air ducts was $3600 USD. The 2 side fairing sections retailed for $1000 USD each, and the belly pan was another $2500 USD ......)

So Im asking less than half price.

Im also open to offers.

Im very interested in selling this. I no longer own the bikes that this was made for. And I have so ongoing projects that could benefit from the money made by selling this.

Let me know

Doug

Last edited by daotoys1 on Wed May 07, 2014 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nighters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Doug

Sent you an IM

Looking for a price and photos of Carbon Dream bodywork....

Ian
daotoys1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This item is still available

DAO
daotoys1

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added some additional information about the Carbon Dream fairing kit.

Please see the initial posting of this thread ( as this new info was edited into the initial post ).

Thanks

DAO aka daotoys1 aka Doug

Smile
daotoys1

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asking price dropped to $3000 USD obo

DAO
daotoys1

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$2750.00

Plus S&H

DAO
daotoys1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLD

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: