Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6R Fuel Injection???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bimota junkie

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: SB6R Fuel Injection??? Reply with quote

My father and I both own SB6R's. We love the bikes but cannot seem to get the carberators sorted. We have rejetted the carbs so many times we can do it in our sleep. I was wondering if anyone has tried to fuel inject these bikes. I have researched the Kinsler fuel injection system but cannot afford the $7000 pricetag. I was thinking of the 1997 Suzuki 750 fuel injection system. I am assuming that these bikes are identical with exception of displacement. If that is true, it should be easy to install the system on the 1100. Obviously, I would need to change the injectors but other than that I am not seeing much of a problem. I am tired of fiddling with the bike and think that this solution would help solve the problem. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
oily

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard exhaust, standard air box, standard air filter and have you disconnected the fuel pump?

Finaly got mine running sweet after many runs on the dyno Wink

I've read about someone over there in that new country of yours, injecting and turboing a 6R.

Sounds like you've got that project already mapped out Laughing
Bimota junkie

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: SB6R Fuel Injection??? Reply with quote

Yes, everything is standard. I have my fuel pump still connected. My father disconnected his fuel pump and still runs like rubbish. So I don't think the fuel pump is contributing to the problem. The injected and turbo SB6R you are refering to is fuel injected with a kinsler system. I have talked to them, they have a very nice computer system to run their sequential fuel injection system. I am sure it would solve the issues I have been having but at $7000 I can't go that route. I have seen many new and used 1997 GSXR 750 fuel systems for sale. I don't have the luxury of referencing one of those bikes to see if the 750 setup would work on the 1100. IF the engines of the 750 and 1100 are identical except for the bore I am sure that I could adapt the system to make it work. I just need someone who is familiar with both bikes to give me some advice. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: