Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB9 breakdown
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonny68

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Hi, sorry for not replying sooner, work has been manic. Ducati say it's the amp regulator, it's the same one as fitted to the Panigale but Bimota insist they go through the whole warranty thing. According to Ducati the reason this happen was the bike wasn't grounded properly, the earth wire was screwed direct onto paint so it caused it to overheat. They are waiting for the new part from Bimota and then it should be good to go. I'm not overly bothered at the moment as my Diavel AMG is back from service and the day the Bimota went in I bought a Harley Very Happy
sonny68

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Bikes back Reply with quote

Okay bike came back two weeks ago, it was amp regulator, Ducati dealer said its the same one as on Panigale and offered to change it and Bimota pay, Bimota insisted it went through warrenty process so it took a few weeks. Two days later at night the lights went, then came back on, next night went completly. Took it back tro Ducati Lincoln and a week later it was ready to collect, it was just a relay. everything seems fine now and i'm hoping no more problems. Its going to be put away at the end of this month then Diavel put away end Sept and use the Harley over winter.
I think Bimota try but they really need to get their s##t together. I love the bike and think i'll hang onto it if there's no issues next summer, if so it will go and i'll stick to Ducati.
Stoneman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the fuel pump relay
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Bikes back Reply with quote

sonny68 wrote:
Okay bike came back two weeks ago, it was amp regulator, Ducati dealer said its the same one as on Panigale and offered to change it and Bimota pay, Bimota insisted it went through warrenty process so it took a few weeks. Two days later at night the lights went, then came back on, next night went completly. Took it back tro Ducati Lincoln and a week later it was ready to collect, it was just a relay. everything seems fine now and i'm hoping no more problems. Its going to be put away at the end of this month then Diavel put away end Sept and use the Harley over winter.
I think Bimota try but they really need to get their s##t together. I love the bike and think i'll hang onto it if there's no issues next summer, if so it will go and i'll stick to Ducati.

I do believe they are trying....at least more in the UK than they have done in the last 14 years...as theres only been one dealer and one distributor in that time...and only for one year...And in there lies the problem...evidently factory back-up is required...although in this instance it was lack of back-up from the distributor at the time causing issues.....not prepared to help...or pay for Warranty repairs leaving it solely down to the dealer who possibly had a smaller slice of the cake in the first instance........

Its early days but a Good Dealer network is essential........its the Dealers that market the bikes...service them...and carry out warranty and servicing....with the warranty part at usually a discounted rate......trying to build up a reliable dealer network will take time...and effort..not helped by bad blood that has gone beforehand with previous management issues...transfer of ownership etc etc.......I know a few previous Bimota Dealers that were contacted to try again...but all passed with questions of "demo bikes" parts availability, warranty work, fatory back-up all going unanswered......Theres easier money to be made selling other popular and less expensive brands, that already have well established dealer back-up...When folk find a good dealer...its that they tend to stick to rather than the brand they are buying

I wish them luck and success...it would certainly be easier and cheaper to get parts than having to buy direct from Germany who then buy from Bimota
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: