Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota ......

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank.61

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Bimota ...... Reply with quote

Hi boys,

Asked our Swiss Bimota club if they knew why I couldn't get any response from Rimini.
This is what Manuel Nuñez wrote me:
"As you might have heard from the news there is unfortunatelly not only "no
news" from Rimini but also a lot of bad news, too.
Bimota has fallen out of the Superbike races because they didn't manage to
produce the 125 BB3's required and - worst of all - they stopped dealing
with Wilbers.

I had no news from them since that strange bew (Bimota experience weekend)
they organized and absolutelly no news regarding the bikes, spare parts and
availability. We have experienced a lot of things during the last years, but
now, with this new leadership it looks like turning from bad to worse...

I'm sorry I can't tell you more right now but I'll try to keep everybody
informed.

See you
Manuel"

That is bad news to me. Sad
Didn't want to keep it from you all.

Frank
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well certainly the WSBK bit appears correct...as is now official on their website....

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2014/Bimota+suspended+from+further+WSBK+competition+in+2014

Although no update since July on Alstares website........

http://www.alstare.net/page/all_articles/

And as elsewhere

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wsbk/bimota-world-superbike-suspension/#comments

Does talk about "suspension" and possible return if the 125 bikes are made...........as regards the Company...I suppose as usual we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed as always......Under Italian Law....Companies are Saved from having to pay their creditors for some 7 years if they go into liquidation...in the hope that a rescue package comes along in the meantime........I'm assuming this still holds true.........
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficult isn't it, the BEW Weekend was also part press launch for the BB3 but the write up from MCN didn't say it was new messiah and that it wasn't as complete a package as the S1000. This was a track launch though, for us mortals it would still be more bike than you could exploit. The sticking point though would be the price tag, given you'd only ride it on high days and holidays
I think like everybody I hope Bimota manage to sort it all out
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post

Bimota were on holiday from 15 August until today .... maybe that's got something to do with it

Last edited by Evilchicken0 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And from Spidermanns Blog...........

giovedì 28 agosto 2014

end of game?

BIMOTA DECIDES TO REORGANIZE ITS RACING PROGRAM
Rimini, August 27, 2014 - Bimota decides to not deploy its BB3 EVO in the last three rounds of the Superbike World Championship.
Bimota committed itself till the last minute to produce the needed bikes to obtain the approval for the races. Today Bimota has already assembled and delivered the first 30 bikes; available at stock there is everything to complete the 95 bikes left (with requests of purchase for the main part of these) and has obtained the necessary guarantees required by BMW for the delivery of the missing engines. Maybe 6/8 more weeks would have been sufficient to obtain the 125 requested bikes.
"We’ve been working very hard" – states Daniele Longoni, General Manager of Bimota - "and we will continue to work this way to complete the production and to be ready for the next season".
The BB3 project was presented just a year ago and yet it did everyone speak incredibly of if since the beginning. Indisputable merit of the competence of the Bimota technical staff who has designed and developed a bike born with the 'pedigree' and of the experience of the Francis Battà's Team Alstare that has adapted the bike and made it competitive and winning in the races. The extraordinary riders Ayrton Badovini and Christian Iddon won 16 podiums and 5 wins in 16 races.
The results obtained have generated important orders of the entire range of Bimota bikes to an unexpected level. All of this has required an extraordinary commitment to satisfy customers in every part of the world in an optimal way, respecting the delivery schedule and above all, the quality and the handmade care that since always distinguishes the company.
"As new owners" – says Marco Chiancianesi, President of Bimota - "only 10 months after the change of management we have accepted this new challenge and brought back to competitions an historic and important brand. We are proud of this". It's sorry to leave the championship, given the commitment of everyone involved, the important investments made and the results obtained; in a virtual standings of the EVO bikes, Bimota at the moment would score in the second position with Ayrton Badovini. However feelings and passion since always have the "heart throw beyond the hurdle" and Bimota has done this and will continue to do so with all of its staff. The augury is that the true fans in the motorcycle's world may well understand the reasons behind this decision.
The following few months of 2014 will be used to prepare the necessary conditions in relation to the new regulation of the SBK and still to be competitive at the beginning of the next season.
Bimota would want to truly thank the FIM, Dorna, the Alstare Team and the riders for the important support, all the suppliers, the sponsors, the other manufacturers and of course the many caring fans who have always showed their appreciation.
Bimota will schedule a future meeting with FIM and Dorna, as soon as the numbers required will be reached.
A goodbye to competitions soon.

http://bcomebimota.blogspot.it/
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That statement was posted on their facebook page.

Like I say ... they've been on holiday, like most of Italy so don't panic yet
motokosta

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys as the distributer for Bimota in the UK I can assure you all that the company is being revitalised under the new management of Daniele Longoni. Firstly the failure to meet the homologation numbers for SBK is no fault of Bimota. They have all the parts in stock to produce the bikes except the engines which BMW have failed to supply. The fact that it would be leading the EVO championship if it were awarded points is a testament to the excellence of the product from this tiny company that can beat the giants of the industry. In the UK there is a new dealer in Scotland and premises are being prepared for a dealership in England and Daniele is in the USA at moment to set up dealers. As for parts we have already been able to help some owners and can be contacted on 01630 655 720 for parts or anything else.
Frank.61

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMW failed to supply the engines since ....... they didn't receive the payment as agreed.
And that's official from BMW ...
Also I have tried to get respons since May ..... that's a long holiday Smile

We will see, proof is in the pudding?!

Frank
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is a real shame because lets face it we are all behind Bimota , but the normal man on the street these days has either never heard of them or just laughs at them as a joke, and now they have just proved what he and the world press think.
Unfortunate but they will never remember that they COULD have been leading the Evo class only that they were thrown out of the class. Crying or Very sad
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an email from them on Monday ....
motokosta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank.61 wrote:
BMW failed to supply the engines since ....... they didn't receive the payment as agreed.
And that's official from BMW ...
Also I have tried to get respons since May ..... that's a long holiday Smile

We will see, proof is in the pudding?!

Frank

Frank I can see you are outside the UK but ring or pm me maybe I can help you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: