Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB10 Sprockets and disc pads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glened

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: DB10 Sprockets and disc pads Reply with quote

Hi everyone, thought I would post a question relating to what type of sprockets are fitted to the Bimota's as a general rule of thumb? Are they the same as fitted to Ducati's or are they more obscure? Also what type of pads are fitted to the bike as standard, I have taken my front callipers of and found that I have 4 separate pads to each calliper. I have now done 7000 miles and a trip to Spain is planned in two weeks were we will do about another 2500 miles. I would estimate that when I get back the bike will need at least pads. Bike is running fine just wish I could get the engine management light cleared on the bike.

Thanks in advance for any assistance..

Regards Glen
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glen........Front sprocket will be specific to the splined shaft on the Ducati Engine....so an easy replacement from any aftermarket company listing Multistrada/hypermotard 1078cc single cam engine.......Back wheel though is Bimota specific and not fitted to any Ducs.........tis same wheel though as used on Cagiva Raptor 1000cc bikes.......plenty of manufacturers out there that should know this and supply a full kit with chain that will suit..

Yeh......front brake calipers are 4 pads for 4 pistons.....should be Brembo pads as you've had the bike from now...and for my money I would always replace pads with genuine pads of the same manufacturer as the calipers....can be bought from Ducati dealers or brembo suppliers (cheaper) as the calipers you have are standard fitment to most Ducatis of today.......only the rear caliper is slightly different but only 2 pads there.....it may be "logo'd" as Bimota on the caliper but it is a Brembo caliper stamped up by them for Bimota
SpikeC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Hi Glen........Front sprocket will be specific to the splined shaft on the Ducati Engine....so an easy replacement from any aftermarket company listing Multistrada/hypermotard 1078cc single cam engine.......Back wheel though is Bimota specific and not fitted to any Ducs.........tis same wheel though as used on Cagiva Raptor 1000cc bikes.......plenty of manufacturers out there that should know this and supply a full kit with chain that will

Does this apply to the OZ wheels as well?
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spike......Well I havent tried to interchange between my Db6 and DB5R....but the sprockets and cush drive do look the same.......and I have a friend who has a Db6 with Oz wheels that also came with the original DB6 wheels as on Cagiva Raptor...but he didnt get a spare cush drive/rear sprocket so I assume that they are interchangeable between wheels....despite the fact that the spindles are larger on the Oz wheels than the standard wheels..........

Front discs can be the same...but not the rear disc...Oz have 5 bolts for the rear wheel and standard wheels have 4 bolts only
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
....and I have a friend who has a Db6 with Oz wheels that also came with the original DB6 wheels as on Cagiva Raptor...but he didnt get a spare cush drive/rear sprocket so I assume that they are interchangeable between wheels.

Wow, A FRIEND , I am honoured Very Happy

2Bims is right, I got no spare cush drive, I will try to remember to check this w/e if the Oz and the original are the same.
glened

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, Thanks for the heads up with regards to the sprockets, I will get a new rear ordered when I get back from our trip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: