Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Fuel tank capacity?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SethG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Fuel tank capacity? Reply with quote

So does anyone know what it is really? Manual says 20L but that seems like way more than I've ever gotten in there.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never really done a full drain down and refill.........Just know that from Full to fuel warning light coming on its never more than 75 miles..........And I wouldnt want to run out and only have 2 stroke oil going in there without petrol.......When the light does come on and I've lifted the tank to turn off the Oil tank it does seem mighty "light" without much fuel in there.......If I had to guess I'd say 16 litres as a max........
dingbat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like somebody else ran out of fuel too ! I did this with mine returning back from its first MOT test ! How embarrassing ! Mine does about the same - 70 -75 miles from full till fuel light on. In the area that I live I have to plan my rides to be between petrol stations rather than pubs like I do with my RS 250 Aprilia ! I dont want to see how far the Bim goes on reserve - already done that - its not far ! Laughing
SethG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dingbat wrote:
Looks like somebody else ran out of fuel too ! I did this with mine returning back from its first MOT test ! How embarrassing ! Mine does about the same - 70 -75 miles from full till fuel light on. In the area that I live I have to plan my rides to be between petrol stations rather than pubs like I do with my RS 250 Aprilia ! I dont want to see how far the Bim goes on reserve - already done that - its not far ! Laughing

Oh I'm not embarrassed to run out of fuel at all.

But, the second time I got a little embarrassed
SethG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was 4.2 gallons, or 16 liters in real money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: