Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB8 Speedo Drive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ade critten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: YB8 Speedo Drive Reply with quote

Can anyone please tell me what speedo drive is used on the YB8?
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A picture of it would help Ade.......I'm guessing with it being an early 90's model...and with Oscom wheels....that a Ducati 851/888/600/750/900SS version could be suitable........my DB2 has Oscom wheels and that is served with a Ducati 900SS version speedo drive assembly.........

Have a look at examples on here to see if it suits what you already have

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=bimota&_sop=10&_from=R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xducati+900ss+speedo+drive&_nkw=ducati+900ss+speedo+drive&_sacat=0
ade critten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
A picture of it would help Ade.......I'm guessing with it being an early 90's model...and with Oscom wheels....that a Ducati 851/888/600/750/900SS version could be suitable........my DB2 has Oscom wheels and that is served with a Ducati 900SS version speedo drive assembly.........

Have a look at examples on here to see if it suits what you already have

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=bimota&_sop=10&_from=R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xducati+900ss+speedo+drive&_nkw=ducati+900ss+speedo+drive&_sacat=0

The problem is that I have lost the original, I turned the workshop upside down this morning and couldn't find it anywhere, so unfortunately no chance of a pic.

Nige tells me that Andy (laminator) will have the answer.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant believe you've lost it Ade.....I've seen how organised your workshop is so find that incredible.......Have you still got the speedo drive cable and sleeve? Its not hanging off the end of it is it?

Yeh...Lammie will have what one looks like from his YB8...so hopefully he can compare or take piccies...as even when you have one...you still have to find what it came from........All part of the fun with Bimotas......
ade critten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Cant believe you've lost it Ade.....I've seen how organised your workshop is so find that incredible.......Have you still got the speedo drive cable and sleeve? Its not hanging off the end of it is it?

Yeh...Lammie will have what one looks like from his YB8...so hopefully he can compare or take piccies...as even when you have one...you still have to find what it came from........All part of the fun with Bimotas......

I'm sweating a bit.......................praying its an Exup part!
laminator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello......

Here's a couple a bad pictures of the front speedo drive on the YB10. It's a bit tricky to get to at the moment as my VFR is behind it in the container, and I'm on crutches.

It does look like the FZR speedo drive. I did a quick google search and looked at some images.

I'll go and get some pictures of the YB8 this evening as I can get to the bike a lot easier
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly liiks similar to this one Lammie..........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/91-93-Yamaha-FZR1000-FZR-1000-Speedometer-Speedo-Gear-Drive-/311143316976?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4871963df0

Crutches????????? Whats that all about? Seems like the northern Bimota band are one by one going crook...what with BimotaNige in plaster also....
laminator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to drop a sheet of 4mm thick stainless on my right foot Tuesday night.

Fortunately it missed my steel toe cap and hit the top of my foot!!. I've got two 45 degree breaks in my 3rd metatarsal with a section about 1" long floating about. Toes and foot are a nice shade of purple/blue/black.

Trouble is I live on my own so getting drinks, getting upstairs, etc all means me crawling about on hands and knees, can't drive, etc, etc

It does look like the same part, I'll check the YB8 to see if I can see a number, etc and get some better photos.
SpikeC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condolences on your foot, I broke a metatarsus in my left foot and it was a bitch!
1965 Triumph T100SC
laminator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for delay responding.

I've had a look at the speedo drives on my other bikes and they all look the same, or very similar.

They do look like the yamaha speedo drive that I've seen on google/ebay.

I'll upload the photos I managed to get, hopefully they are useful. I was crawling between the bikes on my hands and knees.

I couldn't see any reference numbers or distinguishing marks on any of the units.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laminator wrote:

Trouble is I live on my own so getting drinks, getting upstairs, etc all means me crawling about on hands and knees, can't drive, etc, etc

Sorry to hear Lammie........stairs and floors upstairs are overated anyhow Lammie....unless of course if thats the only place where theres a toilet.... Shocked

Wish you a speedy and full recovery Lammie.........if any of your bikes, cars or place in the Sun need some company/running around be sre to give u a holla.... Laughing

Make sure you take your time in recovering....less than 5 months until the next Mcr Bike show so we need you back to fighting strength...... Laughing
Bud977

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some photos of the speedo drive off my YB8:

It certainly looks like the FZR1000 one on eBay.
bluedog59

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it's a standard Yamaha item. I recall my YB10 takes a stock EXUP speedo cable and it looks exactly the same item.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: