Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tired of starting issues with your DB?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Tired of starting issues with your DB? Reply with quote

First let me state that I have no interest in this company, they are not associated with me in any way, and I have nothing to profit from recommending them.
I am a happy bordering on fanatical owner of a DB5R, and I was bothered by the dance required to get it running. As is the case with many Ducati engines it would fire and die repeatedly, eventually sputtering to life. I decided to try a course that some regard as ridiculously expensive and a rip off of innocent moto owners, namely the Motolectric HICAP starter upgrade. It consists of fancy pants wires, terminals and insulation. My bike now starts right up as a modern motor should.
He didn't have a kit for the Bimota (duhhh) so he had me take a bunch of measurements and asked me a bunch of questions and the kit fit perfectly.
I cannot recommend this mod too highly, it really transformed my bike!
The web site is:

http://www.motolectric.com/products/hicap.detail.html
1965 Triumph T100SC
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Dodgy starting Reply with quote

My 6r was a reluctant starter, which I put down to the big bore. Fitted the Motolectric fandangle (if you're only educated to post-graduate level, this is a technical term with which you will not be familiar) and it now starts on the button.

Good product which deserves a wider audience.
CNC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On all 2 valve Ducatis it is good to change starting wires after few years... I tried everything on may M900 (fuses, contacts, little e-boxes...). But simple change of wires for thicker diameter works... Starts like new.
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNC wrote:
On all 2 valve Ducatis it is good to change starting wires after few years... I tried everything on may M900 (fuses, contacts, little e-boxes...). But simple change of wires for thicker diameter works... Starts like new.

This is a common issue with many of the earlier Ducati motorcycles. I forgot the name of the company, but they offered kits for many of the bikes. I had issues with my 1998 Ducati ST2 wanting to turn over and upgrading the starter cables helped tremendously.
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: