Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Missing plate holder and plate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Missing plate holder and plate Reply with quote

I rode to the VA hospital today to check on my thumb, and when I got home my license plate was gone! The worst part is that I was using the euro plate holder to support a rubber flap that I use in the winter to keep the splash off of my back.
I don't suppose any of fine folks might have one of these that you would be willing to part with?
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which bit are you on about Spike? Is it the metal X-plate that can be bolted to the carbon moulded number plate holder? And normally has a metal extension for the rear reflector?

I lost my plate and the x-plate once on my DB6R that has the same threaded inserts for bolts on the carbon fibre plate holder, exact same as on DB5R.........They can come loose hence I now use loctite threadlock on the 3 bolts that I secure the plate with to the hanger...as I dont use the X-plates myself.....Think I have a spare X-plate though...although the extension for the rear reflector has been cut off
SpikeC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is the part. The reflector on mine was covered up by the mud flap!
I will be using locktite on the screws in the future! In fact, there are some other places that are candidates for the blue stuff!
1965 Triumph T100SC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: