Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2 - Final Edition??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: DB2 - Final Edition?? Reply with quote

Sure I've seen this one for sale somewhere before....recognisable due to odd colour scheme/red frame set up?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bimota-DB2-1997-Edizione-Finale-No-60-Limited-Edition-/181590746163?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2a47a6e433
waggytee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, and me (scroll down to March)

http://www.madeinitalymotorcycles.com/sold_2013.htm
Retroman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: DB2FE Reply with quote

Emm was interested in this but.................................internet research suggests that the colour scheme should be silver/black and is a slightly different.

The wheels appear to be from the earlier model and the fork sliders are the wrong anodised shade.

I have spoken with Made in Italy who confirm that it must have been subject of a repaint and that it came to them 'through the trade' with no history.

Current owner is a genuine guy but there seem to be a lot of unanswered questions for such a low mileage bike.

Does anyone in the UK know of this bike..........am I being paranoid??
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of Bimotas have been sbject to repaints...either resulting from damage at some time and the ability to patch the fibregalss bodywork and respray so as not to show any difference...and you could even order your own colour scheme direct from new from the factory if you wanted.

The placque on the filler cap cover seems correct for the limited edition last 100 made....and some of the bikes had silver antera wheels...with green forks...and some had black oscom bimota branded wheels with silver grey lower forks, and full floating cast iron brembos same as this one...to me..its a respray as paint lines and shapes are not in the normal places...and the metal mesh infill vents have also been colour sprayed same colour as body paint which is not normal...at the end of the day it all depends what you are looking for and how much you are willing to pay.....It would be difficult for any of the DB2's to have perfect crack free paintwork due to the clamshell arrangement of the fairing ...meaning it has to be prised open beneath the engine and then slid off the front wheel to take it off...as it is an entire one piece unit.......

Did you get frame number at all? For the Final Edition models they ran from 00.671 through to 00.772
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one other person on here with a DB2...in its original colours....and about a year ago he purchased a second hand set of complete Final Edition colours bodywork that came from the old owners of Galleria bikes down south (an ex Bimota dealer)...this bodywork had some heat damage but he bought it as a spare set of clothes anyhow...could be that the owner of this bike took those clothes off and had a new set fitted painted to his own colour choice.........

TO be honest these FE paint schemes look better in real life 3D up close than they do in photos...the line and shape of the bodywork makes the colour scheme seem a lot better
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also worth pointing out that as far as running gear goes there can be numerous permitations . Don't get to hung up on this , Bimota fitted what ever they had in stock at the time of making the bike. It is part of being a small manufacturer with cross line parts bucket.
Retroman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: DB2FE Reply with quote

Many thanks for all the advice Guys.

I am passing on this one.

Too little knowledge of Bimotas at this time and zero history with this bike, which has passed from one dealer to another with allegedly nothing known about it.

I will wait for one to come up that is n't such a mystery machine.
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am passing on this one.

Too little knowledge of Bimotas at this time and zero history with this bike,

I would take the time to build that knowledge , but would also suggest you do not get to anal about some detail . These are 20yr old bikes , some things have moved on since then , wheels , brakes , master cylinders etc , and other things may have worn out and been replaced.
Personally , I don't mind running gear updates , however I would not modify bodywork etc , well not the originals anyway , and I always keep what I remove just in case I need to make original again.
A lot of bits are common throughout the range , and can generally be sourced , so anything can be made original if required.
Go with your gut feeling on a bike , I know of at least one on here that bought a DB2 with history off this forum , to end up doing a full rebuild due to a list of bodged garage fixes.
fish

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: db2 Reply with quote

hi as I have had a db2 ef since new.This bike is as spec as mine apart from the paint work and would have no problem buying it as it looks a very clean bike.I am currently waiting for my SB5 to get off the boat in Melbourne and can be seen with a SB5 youtube search. Cant wait to get it Laughing Laughing
DB1-DB2SR-DB2EF-DB3-DB4 Db10 YB6-yb7_yb10-2xyb11-SB5,2xSB6-kb3-yb5-MILLE MIKEHAILWOOD HARRIS MAGMAN2-TRIUMPH T140-RG500x2-KAWA Z900-SUZUKI GSX1100-DUCATI 900SS- 750 sport ducati DUCATI F1 750- 851 tri colour-500sl-1996 Trumph datona . Vee two alchemy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: