Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Failing to Proceed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Failing to Proceed Reply with quote

I picked up my SB6 late on Friday afternoon after having the fuelling sorted out.
Initial feel was good and as I haven't it for so long (over a year) I thought I'd have a wander about. So I filled up with fuel and set off, picking up the A10 I went north through Royston. On a couple of the long straights I opened it up a bit (I'm still running it in) and the bars went light in 3rd, & 4th ... which was nice.
The engine still doesn't like low revs and will bog if I open the throttle to quick which is a bit of pain. I guess it's the price for changing the cams though and something I'll have to learn to ride with.

The problem came in Harston when I lost all drive. The engine revved the gear selected but no forwardness. I though I might have stripped a gear but it was all gears. Then maybe I'd burnt the clutch but that would be more progressive and would mean I couldn't change gear easily. I looked down at the Clutch Slave Cylinder .... which is when I saw ..... no front sproket nut !!! Which is a bit surprising to say the least as I didn't touch it through the build.

So now I need to drop the engine again which isn't good news, oh well back in the garage.
oily

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm, I wonder if bad luck is better than no luck at all Laughing

At least you've had a blat on it, wait till it's run in then watch the fun begin. Wink

What cams are you using?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ... I know what you mean.
I'm just a bit miffed as I swear I didn't touch that nut ... y'know how they look like they've got some big arsed torque on them so you leave well alone ????

Anyway ... Kent Cams SUZ25 for the 1100WP engine with JE Pistons (1146cc 12.5 compression)

You know if you buy that 1200 bandit in London you can pop round for a butcher's Wink
oily

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bandit in London Shocked

You know of a bandit for sale in London?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Got a whole bandit 1200 t and t just out £1100 takes it away!

Im in london if your anywhere near?

From Mavis in reply to your "Engine" thread on Oldskool Suzuki forum ....

See I've got my eye on you Very Happy
oily

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot all about that one, Mavis never got back to me. Just looking for an engine really Wink
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a water cooled head, which I suspect is of no use to you.
oily

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but I'm looking for an oil cooled motor
Wink
jlsb8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Failing to Proceed Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
I picked up my SB6 late on Friday afternoon after having the fuelling sorted out.
Initial feel was good and as I haven't it for so long (over a year) I thought I'd have a wander about. So I filled up with fuel and set off, picking up the A10 I went north through Royston. On a couple of the long straights I opened it up a bit (I'm still running it in) and the bars went light in 3rd, & 4th ... which was nice.
The engine still doesn't like low revs and will bog if I open the throttle to quick which is a bit of pain. I guess it's the price for changing the cams though and something I'll have to learn to ride with.

The problem came in Harston when I lost all drive. The engine revved the gear selected but no forwardness. I though I might have stripped a gear but it was all gears. Then maybe I'd burnt the clutch but that would be more progressive and would mean I couldn't change gear easily. I looked down at the Clutch Slave Cylinder .... which is when I saw ..... no front sproket nut !!! Which is a bit surprising to say the least as I didn't touch it through the build.

So now I need to drop the engine again which isn't good news, oh well back in the garage.

You can change it without dropping the engine. I went to 530 chainwheels on mine in place of the stock 532's
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like good news, but I thought you had to swing the engine forward on the top mounts ???

I'll have a look when the parts arrive though ... and I'll need to find a supplier for a front sproket. I'll look at turning the rear sprocket around.
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised I Ahd to swing my engine forward to change the front sprocket. Be very interested to know the technique to doing it in place? Special tools made?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: