Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

ISR rotors for YB-6 exup
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud977

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Randy. I used the 320mm R1 rotors which are the same diameter as standard.

The rear wheel needed 5mm off the sprocket face, 10mm off the disc face, axle spacers made and the caliper bracket spacers removed.

The front wheel needed a couple of axle spacers, flattening of the disc mounting bolts, new Brembo pads suitable for stainless discs and a couple of caliper mounting brackets.

It was a fair amount of work but I could do it all in my workshop myself except where I had to put the whole wheel in my lathe so it just cost my time.
brian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And very nice work it was too Wink
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyK wrote:
Bud,
Just curious as to what mods you had to make to use R1 wheels on your YB-8? What rotors did you use??? Any info would be appreciated.
Randy

Hi Randy.

Had a similar situation myself last year. Had a set of R1 BST's in the garage and did a few measurements , but decided by the time I had messed about and paid for wheel machining plus one off disc's it was better to sell the BST's , buy dymags to fit the bike and be able to use standard brakes etc.
Did give me the ability to wiegh a few different makes of wheels with some interesting results.

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3913&highlight=
RandyK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new rims showed up today. They are OEM wheels off a DB-2. So I weighed them. The front is 11.5 lbs and the rear with cush drive is 17 lbs.

I plan to paint them black and install the ISR rotors on them.

Anybody have any info on these rotors???

Thanks,

Randy

2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chears for the weights Randy...can finally complete the table of comparisons:-

All same size wheels, diameter and rim width, and all without disc's but with bearings etc and sprocket on the rear.

Antera ...................................Front 6kg Rear 8.95kg
Oscom....................................Front 5.2Kg Rear 7.7Kg
BST carbon.............................Front 2.95kg Rear 5 kg
Dymag 7 spoke forged alloy.....Front 3.45kg rear 5.9kg
Dymag carbon........................Front 2.75kg rear 4.75kg.
RandyK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weight I supplied was without the sprocket on the rear.

Randy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Randy.....are you changing the bearings out at all? Pretty sure the internal dia is smaller on the DB2 rear wheel....as it has a smaller solid spindle and not a hollow larger one like on the YB series.

I like the white wheels...but each to their own....you may find though if you want to paint them that you'll have to bead/grit blast the original wheels as Bimota powder coated their oscom wheels for a more durable finish than mere paint....and spraying directly over even with primer may not last too long.....in which case you'd be changing the bearings out after grit blasting anyhow...
RandyK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to check when I get everything apart, but I do believe your correct that I will have to replace the bearings for the rear wheel.

The set of wheels I just got need refinishing, so I plan on powder coating them black. I will tuck the OEM white wheels away, so I can always go back to stock if and when I choose to. If you ride a bike with white wheels, they are a pain to keep clean and since I do ride the YB-6 and now have a spare set of wheels, I figured a change is in order.

Plus, I have a liking for black wheels on my bikes.

Thanks,

Randy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: