Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Jollymoto exhausts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gufi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: dyno curve Vdue Reply with quote

my Vdue has "only" 125 HP.
The NSR500 has 132,37 and i have seen some dyno charts of more then 150HP from Barros NSR500 at the dyno from Erv Kanemoto.

Only because of much phon call´s in the past days:
~115 HP is for street "enough".
My bike get´s new pistons every 600km and new crankbearings after 1200km.

For 115HP You need:
carb cyl. stag2 (w/o injektion holes because of bigger transfers!!), pistons new generation, cyl. heads, jolly or our exhaustsystem, ignition, crankhousing mody, mikuni power jet carbs, reedblock, manifold, fuel pump (because of better delivery ratio for the carbs).......

I go for some tests to Franciacorta race track in Italy over the eastern days. (will make a short stop in Meda!)

BR
Guido
EYREY1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Guido
i would be very happy with my v due engine if it makes the same power as yours ,
has anyone gone crazey on one of these engines to see what power they can make ?
dingbat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: tuning Reply with quote

And after the passing of the green dyno curve into the pages of the forum it came to pass that on the fifth day the Lord spake unto the assembled apostles at the gates of the promised land and said unto them - "Verily thou shalt surely be relieved of many drinking vouchers for this little lot. And it will surely come to pass sooner or later - that thy vdue motor shalt blow itself into many small pieces when you're giving it the beans" New testament I think. Be careful - take it one step at a time ! ££££££££ $$$$$$$ ! Looking over the posts in the forum since the last of the batches of Vdues to be built were sold to us it seems that there may be more than just a few (!) different build combinations so as others have mentioned dynoing first before starting on modifications would probably be a good idea. There is no doubt better engine management kit available thesedays than when they stopped production when Bimota went bust. We all know the bike was not finished and the carbed bikes were just a last ditch attempt at damage limitation. But she's Italian after all - and when you look at her all is forgiven ! None of the other manufacturers of v twin two strokes at the time - who easily could have done - gave us a road going 500 v twin two stroke before they became extinct - did they ? Thanks to Bimota then for doing it at all ! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: