Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

TT 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ducatidave

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo & I have been going over to the TT for the last few years as pit crew for mates in two Aussie sidecar teams. This year there is a large contingent of our mates going over as either sidecar competitors or pit crew and unfortunately we cannot make it. We are already suffering withdrawal symptoms. Oh, to be independently wealthy and have no commitments. To those that are going, have a great and safe time.
DB1S, '74 Ducati 750S, '83 Pantah 600, '03 ST2, '84 R100RS, '83 R65LS, 1914 Triumph 500, '69 Trident, '49 Panther 600, '53 Panther 600, '58 Triumph racing s/car, Honda 600 F2 s/car, '57 Triumph 6T s/car, '12 Suzuki 1250 s/car, Yam SR250
CNC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:

Are you at the TT this year ? Is your Db7 still on standard setting or have you modified them ?

Unfortunately I'm not going to TT this year... for the second year I must go to the far east at that time... Rolling Eyes I wish you good time there... DB7 will be star for sure Cool

I too get rid-off cat on my DB7 and that is about it. Bimota technician assured me that no software change is necessary if you do that.

As you ask earlier: stock set muffler have removable db-killer... What is the story with the purchase of DB7? From Germany if I remember?

Maybe you should check the clutch - mine is also slippery, but is reasonably polite and not so loud.
glened

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to a few day blasting around the island. When will you be there? I will there on Friday morning, is Steve going at the same time as you?
Possibly catch up with you all.
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djt77 wrote:
Vort, any chance you could let us know your thoughts on the exhaust? Is it a lot lighter than the standard end can? Assume it's a fair bit louder. Did you notice any gain in performance with them?

Weighed old exhaust last night. Cat is 4.3kg and standard can without Db killer is 3kg. New can and pipe work were 2.8kg in total ( not a lot in them Laughing ) , so total saving of about 4.5kg Shocked LOVELY.
Now need to stop eating the pie's Rolling Eyes
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glened wrote:
Looking forward to a few day blasting around the island. When will you be there? I will there on Friday morning, is Steve going at the same time as you?
Possibly catch up with you all.

We are mainly there practice week , (Mrs Vort's first year riding on the island herself and she is a bit nervous about all the traffic) , go on the 31st , and come back early hours on mad Sunday. So a couple of day overlap. We are staying in Port Erin this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: