Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tesi 3D - Cambelt renewal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Tesi 3D - Cambelt renewal Reply with quote

Anyone help? - Can the rubber cam belts be changed on the 1079cc air cooled engine with the tesi side plates still in place? Or is it a "drop the egine" or strip off an omega plate to be able to change the belts?

Cheers
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And while I'm at it....How easy is it to replace the battery?...just a tank removal or full engine/frame strip???
Macx2

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get my battery out to put leads on for a charger. It was a bit fiddly but no more. I have read some where that the belts can be done without removing the engine. I may have seen that on Ducati.MS
Ian
waggy

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 2bims, the cam belts can be changed in situ, more fiddly than a normal duc. I had more hassle fitting and removing the belt covers, someone had previously broken one of the lugs which i had to repair. The battery is fairly easy to access, better than some bimotas.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Guys.....as you may gather I dont have a Tesi...as of yet....but theres one thats come up....but been standing as they often do....so was wanting to know the ease of battery and belt change....I have the "offical" electronic spare parts manual for the Tesi 3D...if anyone wants one emailing....I sort of gather from looking, that the battery has a cover and it sits in a box beneath the airbox? and is accessed by removing the cover under the airbox behind the front wheel? and that the battery box is fitted to the front top cylinder valve cover??
waggy

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you get the tesi, its such a fun bike. The carbon battery cover has a few screws and is just below the airbox intake, once you take that off the battery is easily got at, simply slides forward out of its tray. The bike is actually well thought out in design, despite being quite small and compact its quite easy to work on, cant really think of anything thats awkward to get at.
Reggiebusa

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of interest, how much would such a thing cost 2Bims. I was thinking of selling my 996SPS and 900ss and investing in a Tesi or Santa Monica. I have bought a 1150GS for the more normal riding.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggiebusa wrote:
Just out of interest, how much would such a thing cost 2Bims. I was thinking of selling my 996SPS and 900ss and investing in a Tesi or Santa Monica. I have bought a 1150GS for the more normal riding.

Its all about trying to find one really....as the production numbers and chances of buying are as slim as they get for a Bimota.....a 2nd hand 3D went for around $30K in the USA recently....Amore Moto in the UK list a new one for order at 25K GBP....but do have a nice black/grey/white 2nd hand one for between 20-22K GBP....One I've seen is in Italy.....a red/white one with red frame, black Marvic wheels....a 2008 model...but for less than the above prices....Santas would generally be a cheaper way of going
Macx2

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims,
Would you mind sending me a copy of the spare parts manual? My e-mail is nimackay@bigpond.net.au
Ian
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On its way to you now
Reggiebusa

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 2 Bims. Will need to do some thinking about it.
Jbuffa

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second Waggy. It's tight in some places but the bike is well thought out and I think it's pretty straight forward to work on. Check the aluminum blocks that the handlebars taper into. Mine were cracked and I've seen posts here of others that had the same issue.
Reggiebusa

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted.
Knolly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving this ancient thread to ask about the timing belt. Did you ever conclude if you could change the belt without dropping the motor or removing the frame plate?
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General opinion of the actuality from owners is YES......no frame plates or dropping of motor is needed....removal plugs if a twin spark...cam belt covers and work away
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: