Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB11 neutral light

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonny68

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: DB11 neutral light Reply with quote

Hi
Hope someone can help, just taken delivery of my DB11. Connected the new battery and took her for a quick ride, great bike, completely different from my DB9 or Ducati Diavel. One problem the neutral light stays on all the time. Any ideas?
Thank you
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so familiar with that engine.....single cam 2 valve duc engines all have the neutral switch cables coming out the back of the engine, RHS....check connectors, clean reconnect.....or maybe a new switch but check the switch first...
sonny68

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Not so familiar with that engine.....single cam 2 valve duc engines all have the neutral switch cables coming out the back of the engine, RHS....check connectors, clean reconnect.....or maybe a new switch but check the switch first...

Thank you will have a look, I'm away and busy until June 1st will look then.
spidermaan

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to do a reset of the display, disconnect the connector go to the display, wait and then riconnect
2bims

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: DB11 neutral light Reply with quote

sonny68 wrote:
Hi
took her for a quick ride, great bike, completely different from my DB9 or Ducati Diavel.

You got that one registered for the UK roads quick didnt you? seeing as it was only delivered by Chas on Tuesday..... Wink Wink

Must be a DVLA world record that....
sonny68

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks spidermaan I'll give that a try, also anyone know how to change it from KPH to MPH? No manuals with the bike.
2bims private rd lol
2bims

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Manuals???

Presume its a Koso clock thats labelled as a Bimota one with the "b" logo....>Theres only 2 buttons to press and its a combination of those to change from Kms to miles and back.....Make sure you have the clocks set on the Total odometer reading rather than a trip meter reading first (theres 2 trip meters) then press and hold the reset right button from recollection....hold for about ten seconds I think...and it should click from kms to miles....and thats it...power off and its done...every time you either disconnect the unit or the battery it factory reverts to kms...but keeps the total odometer reading in its memory...its not ecu driven.......Theres a clock, an outside temperature, Bars on the right for engine temperature....and when the engines running if you press the starter button again there should be a lap timer for when you want to time trips to work and back.....and theres the odometer and 2 trip meters.....After around 750kms...500 miles...there will be a service light red spanner that comes on...and will stay on...time for an oil and filter change....to reset and cancel out the spanner....just have the engine running and press and hold the starter button for 15 seconds...roughly....and you should see the light go off until the next service setting of 6,000 miles.......Give me your email and I can send you the Koso manual for those clocks that takes you through what it can do....theres also a red gear change light telling you when to change up...and a max revs section that you achieved on the clocks on a run...thats about it
djt77

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the bike, post up some pics for us to drool over.....
sonny68

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
No Manuals???

Presume its a Koso clock thats labelled as a Bimota one with the "b" logo....>Theres only 2 buttons to press and its a combination of those to change from Kms to miles and back.....Make sure you have the clocks set on the Total odometer reading rather than a trip meter reading first (theres 2 trip meters) then press and hold the reset right button from recollection....hold for about ten seconds I think...and it should click from kms to miles....and thats it...power off and its done...every time you either disconnect the unit or the battery it factory reverts to kms...but keeps the total odometer reading in its memory...its not ecu driven.......Theres a clock, an outside temperature, Bars on the right for engine temperature....and when the engines running if you press the starter button again there should be a lap timer for when you want to time trips to work and back.....and theres the odometer and 2 trip meters.....After around 750kms...500 miles...there will be a service light red spanner that comes on...and will stay on...time for an oil and filter change....to reset and cancel out the spanner....just have the engine running and press and hold the starter button for 15 seconds...roughly....and you should see the light go off until the next service setting of 6,000 miles.......Give me your email and I can send you the Koso manual for those clocks that takes you through what it can do....theres also a red gear change light telling you when to change up...and a max revs section that you achieved on the clocks on a run...thats about it

Thank you sorted the KPH/MPH out today, has anyone with a DB7/8 have problems with the mirrors? All I can see are the White lines in the road, can't seem to adjust them enough to see behind properly.
Also Bimota got in touch regards N problem, ecu need to be re calibrated , I'm hoping Ben from Bimota UK will sort it out when he delivers my Tesi.
SpikeC

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to thread-jack, but does the Pegaso system have any tricks it can do other than go from klm to mph?
1965 Triumph T100SC
CNC

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding mirrors... You should take them apart... and they can be adjusted a little more since screw that holds mirror is a little too tight. Be carful since signal light plastic is fragile...
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeC wrote:
Sorry to thread-jack, but does the Pegaso system have any tricks it can do other than go from klm to mph?

Yes Spike....it also has a clock on it....but I gather you probably knew that anyhow Confused Theres not much to choose between the Pegaso or kOSO versions...both can have their issues...and the central white tacho dial is quite a nice slim looking piece of kit.....The speed display on the Koso units is clearer and larger than the pegaso ones...but only up until the light blows on the unit...then its only visible in daylight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: