Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Practical Sportsbikes magazine feature
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seeley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Practical Sportsbikes magazine feature Reply with quote

Greetings all,

I am hoping to write a feature for Practical Sportsbikes magazine on the delights and motivations of and for Bimota ownership. To that end I'm seeking a diehard Bimota enthusiast who has the bikes, has been there, done it, is still doing it and maybe even has the T-shirt. Do you fit the bill and would you like to share your passion?

Alan
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we vote for People? I'd cast a vote for Vort on here....seems to fit the bill of your criteria.........
Seeley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course! Who's out there?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all have T-Shirts Laughing

Owning a Bimota is the easy bit maintaining it is where things start to get complicated. They're an enthusiasts bike and you can modify them any way you like, we're not that snobbish about keeping them standard. They attract people who like mechanics and might make parts with they're own lathe, or know somebody who has.
Most of us have rebuilt them once or twice.
I have an SB6 which is enough for me, let me know if want anything SB6 related.
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Can we vote for People? I'd cast a vote for Vort on here....seems to fit the bill of your criteria.........

Hmmm , don't know if thats a good thing or you trying to stitch me up Shocked

What era of Bimota's are you after . Different owners tend to favour different era's.
bimotanige

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with Vort, depends on the era of bikes you are looking for, beam or tube framed, or tracing 1 derivative from start to end. 😄
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second a vote for BimotaNige if youre interested in 80's Bimotas and early 90's stuff also...Practical Sportsbikes only cover bikes up to 1999
Seeley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cover the 1970s up to 1999 with the focus very much on road bikes and DIY. I'm no stranger to the lathe myself. I'm also on the lookout for a DB2. Ideally I'd like to visit someone with a handful of bikes and all the paraphernalia. Really I'm aiming to write a celebration of what it is that makes Bimotas great by telling the story of a marque superfan.

Alan
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DB2 has a weird engine though, it's distinctly lacking in cylinders.
Try Laminator for YB's
Seeley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nige and Vort. Can we talk? Alan
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more of a late 90's and 00's type of guy , with Nige being more of an 80's/early 90's type . 2Bim's is a DB man and Lammie a YB man. There is obviously some cross over between us all.
Can talk though , PM me your number.
Seeley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks vort. Have PM'd you my mob. Alan
SpikeC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have is a DB5R, and am on the wrong side of the ocean, but this sounds really great! Can I get a copy of the issue??
1965 Triumph T100SC
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeC wrote:
All I have is a DB5R?

Don't worry Spike , we will not think any less of you Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you can chip in Spike....I think most owners accolades to Bimotas are all based upon the same principles....that drive us toward owning them, with the real beauty in riding them.....throw a few words together and pen them down here....this is what I first wrote about my first Bimota.....

Please keep it to yourself, but I have fallen in love, there are many who will criticise and tut, possibly due to our differences in age, others will stop and stare at the young athletic Italian beauty, and wonder what she is doing at the side of the aging portly Englishman, but I don’t care and I won’t care, absolutely refuse to.

Yes she is only 16 and I am 45 but please you must understand, she has years of experience and worldly travel under her belt for such a young age. She is strong, powerful, and full of charisma and comes from an established family with years of provenance and heritage.
True, she can be “flighty” and occasionally rear her head in indulgence, and yes she needs a firm hand to keep her under control and to get the best from her, but when she is treated in the right way, nurtured, caressed, given the best of everything possible and given a chance to shine then there is nothing that is beyond her and she is free, free from the worries of the world and able to take you to the outer limits of sheer pleasure with pure indulgence.
I find myself unable to sleep at night wondering if she is resting OK and that no one else is trying to steal her away, I find myself creeping around to check she is ok at strange times, just to be sure. Obsession? I hear you ask?, yeh sure, but do I have to justify myself? I mean its love and not just infatuation, this is true love, and I struggle to eat, finding time and any excuse just to be with her for a moment longer, until time and circumstance force me briefly away.

Picture attached, she just loves having her picture taken, others too have asked if they can take her picture, seemingly needing my permission, I stand beside her, and they politely ask me to stand to one side, or I sense the camera zooming in on her and away from me, I know its chalk and cheese, beauty and the beast but, for now, at least, she’s mine and that’s not changing. Sure there will come a time when the age gap of generations becomes too much and as she matures and I become simply older, we may part company, but until that time happens, and within the bounds of modern surgery and medicine I will enjoy my time with her whilst I can, where I can, whenever I can.

Yours, infatuated, but justified
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: