Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

All SB8R owners, info please?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mainstone41

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: All SB8R owners, info please? Reply with quote

Hi, many may have noticed the fire damaged SB8R on fleabay for sale, i'm interested but whats your thoughts of ever acquiring the parts to rebuild it, could it be done?
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure BimotaClassic Parts has all the bodywork...and someone on here in the USA is also selling tanks, seat unit etc on Ebay US....so parts you can get.........Dont think the dealer is being entirely honest though...says the bike was in a garage that was on fire....I say the bike was on fire and burnt the garage down....the airbox seems to be the source of the fire....setting the tank off....air tubes etc.........

And at the end of the day the bike will always be a Cat C listing under HPI checks........If it was half the price advertised...then maybe...but lots of unknowns as regards damage to wiring etc etc
mainstone41

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
I'm pretty sure BimotaClassic Parts has all the bodywork...and someone on here in the USA is also selling tanks, seat unit etc on Ebay US....so parts you can get.........Dont think the dealer is being entirely honest though...says the bike was in a garage that was on fire....I say the bike was on fire and burnt the garage down....the airbox seems to be the source of the fire....setting the tank off....air tubes etc.........

And at the end of the day the bike will always be a Cat C listing under HPI checks........If it was half the price advertised...then maybe...but lots of unknowns as regards damage to wiring etc etc

Think your right about the bike causing the fire, the airbox being melted and no fuel pump seemed a stretch for me.
sb8rs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see my post in bikes for sale.
russtysplit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: fire damaged Reply with quote

I've bought this very same bike - I've posted a thread in intro's section.
Luckily no damage to wiring just on the lookout for some parts now !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: