Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

A Grand day out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: A Grand day out Reply with quote

In "other" chat as not Bimota related...but twas such a lovely day I thought I'd take Marmaduke to the seaside and play in the sand with her.....only normally taken out as a "winter hack" tis a shame really as quite a nice and capable ride...for anyone that likes dirtbikes that is.....

Must be getting old...used to do this blatting about stuff in the sand all the time....but within 2 metres I lost the front ...then the back...followed by front back continue x 100.....Best thrills I've had in ages.

Foolishly asked the "car park" attendant how much for a Motorbike...cars 4 squid...free he said...but watch out for the soft sand........Doh...of course...what kind of nutter biker would take a road bike with road tyres and wheels into deep sand.....

Took me a bit to get into it...standing up...letting the suspension doing its job and get up to speed for forward momentum to carry you over the bumps and ruts and let the wheels dance by themselves.....with the odd well timed and placed boot in the sand to avert disaster and allow turns to be made.........

Is that a Mirage or is there an Ice cream van in the Desert???

Must be time for Dessert then...

Wink

In fact you could have burger and chips if desired...

Then it was off into town for a mooch and lunch and a go on the slot machines...

Not quite "bridges of madison County"...but a bridge nevertheless...

Pit stop for lunch...suitably located nearby slot so that the Scouse Ebay elves didnt help themselves to any trinkets off the bike.... Twisted Evil

Almost looks like I've got a toy motorbike sat on the dinner table....not intentional...(Comes free with a Happy Fat B'stard meal..)

One last blast up and down the beach seeing as I almost enjoyed the first try......

Then it was blast back homeward and pull into local Bike dealer for coffee refreshment....and look what parked next to me...Mr and Mrs......

360HP and 660 Kilos...shudder the thought....bloke driving it had more protection, gear, helmet and ear plugs than I was wearing....
brian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics 2bims. I see the sun does actually come out over there at some point Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh...we grab it while we can and fry ourselves like KFC...until crispy and brown.... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: