Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6r & YB11 New Radiator & fans - £350

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sb8rs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: SB6r & YB11 New Radiator & fans - £350 Reply with quote

Looking in my loft for something else I found a brand new radiator complete with a pair of new fans attached.
This will fit either a 6r or a YB11.
Located in London
Can be collected or I will post at buyers expense (you decide how you want it sent).
sb8rs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now sold
Many thanks
yb11reno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Yb11 radiator Reply with quote

I have to buy a new radiator for my yb11. What fits? Is it the same as came on Yamaha thunder ace, or something else?

Thanks in advance
Jack
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure Jack.........this is what they look like when taken off a YB11 (ignore the extension piece on the bottom...a mod done to my YB11 as it had a big bore kit...flatslide carbs etc...) and compare with piccies of ones from Thunderaces on Ebay...that the way most of us work to find same parts...rarely though do they match up...but best of luck....or BimotaClassicParts??

Do you not have any places that can reuse the matrix and fix? lots of places in the UK that do this service
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any stamped numbers in the Bimota rad ?
yb11reno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Yb11 radiator Reply with quote

Ah well, life with a limited production motorcycle.
It's at the Yamaha dealer now, so I need to get it and the radiator back so I can take measurements and figure out something that fits. It would be nice to find a cross reference to something else. Once upon a time I had a delorean, parts were not a problem as long as you knew where the original part, from motor to taillight, was sourced from.
If I have to, I'll find something that fits inside the frame and maybe have brackets made, unless I find some one here to re-build using pieces off the original.
I'll post up when I find a solution to whatever works.

Thanks,
Jack
sb8rs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: radiator Reply with quote

Hi Jack
Both the YB11 & 6r use a standard Thunderace radiator and fans.
Enjoy!
yb11reno

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:13 am    Post subject: Yb11 radiator Reply with quote

Cool! I'll find out if Yamaha can supply a new one, prefer that over used. I'll report back how it works out

Thanks sb8r

Jack
daveg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes looks the same as the thunderace rad
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-YZF-1000-4SV-THUNDERACE-1999-RADIATOR-AND-FANS-GENUINE-OEM-LOT23-23Y2379-/231485286366?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item35e59927de
Falcolion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack,

1000% Yb11 uses stock radiator from 1997 yamaha yzf1000 thunderace. Unfortunately yamaha discontinued this radiator and it's no longer available. I actually managed to get a used one right here in the USA for a very good price including both fans. So, I recommend you keep your eyes on eBay. It's your friend. As for any other OEM parts I can get them at 10% off MSRP.

By the way 90% of cooling system is from Thunderace. The main difference is an upper pipe with radiator cap.
2008 BMW HP2 Sport
2007 Aprilia RSVR Bol D'Or
2006 Bimota SB8K Santamonica
2005 Benelli Tornado Tre
2002 Mondial Piega
yb11reno

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: yb11 radiator Reply with quote

So I ordered the used Yamaha Thunderace radiator from Australia. Price including shipping was $350 US. Not a lot of those radiators to be found, but also not a lot of buyers, so probably a decent deal for both of us. the radiator was an exact match for the one in the Bimota YB-11. It's been sent out to get cleaned out and made Purdy. Hopefully, soon I'll have a running YB-11.

Thanks for the link to the e-bay site, I never would've found it on my own, and thanks to all who posted pics and offered advice.

Jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: