Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB7 Lower Fairing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OptiC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: YB7 Lower Fairing Reply with quote

Hi All,

Hunting round the bike yards in the UAE a few days ago looking for a cafe racer project and stumbled across a very cheap running YB7 with plate number 319.

She is in good shape but is missing the lower fairing to cover the exhaust. Anyone have a mold of one or know somewhere I can get one?

Thanks
Regards,
Marc
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Marc, you could try Bimota Classic Parts in Italy, they're usually very helpful,

Cheers, MikeJ
OptiC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate, just shot them an email, will see what they come back with. Fingers crossed!
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont have any pictures of the bike do you Optic?......

The YB7's had a one piece fairing.....extending up around the clocks, lights, etc and all the way down both sides of the fairing only meeting and clamping under the engine...its a one piece clamshell arrangement that has to be prized apart and pulled over and past the front wheel...so it sounds a little odd when you say it has the fairing lowers missing.........
bimotanige

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as 2Bims says it's a one piece - stretch it over the wheel job! I you don't have any luck speak to Laminator as he has my old fairing which may be ok to make a mould from.
Bimota Classic Parts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Jennings wrote:
Hello Marc, you could try Bimota Classic Parts in Italy, they're usually very helpful,

Cheers, MikeJ

Hi Mike,
thank you so much! Smile
P. iva 01084400520
cell. +39 3343686888
tel/fax +39 057821986
e-mail: info@bimotaclassicparts.com
web: www.bimotaclassicparts.com
Bimota Classic Parts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

to search all the available parts for your Bimota, you can put in the "SEARCH" the model of the motorcycle or the four-digit codes: 5011 or 5007
NB: MANY SPARE PARTS ARE COMMON TO SEVERAL MODELS, THE SAME SPARE PARTS CAN BE IDENTIFIED WITH MORE CODES.
For more information about spare parts, please contact us by writing an email info@bimotaclassicparts.com

P. iva 01084400520
cell. +39 3343686888
tel/fax +39 057821986
e-mail: info@bimotaclassicparts.com
web: www.bimotaclassicparts.com
OptiC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
You dont have any pictures of the bike do you Optic?......

The YB7's had a one piece fairing.....extending up around the clocks, lights, etc and all the way down both sides of the fairing only meeting and clamping under the engine...its a one piece clamshell arrangement that has to be prized apart and pulled over and past the front wheel...so it sounds a little odd when you say it has the fairing lowers missing.........

Sorry mate, I don't have any pictures of the fairing! I noticed in all the pictures I saw of the YB7 they had a 1 piece so maybe this one has been cut off for some reason or another.

I've not been back to the shop since last post as the price for a new fairing does not make the bike economical for me to purchase plus parts it will need. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: