Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

sb8k "rare" part number plate holder is almost sam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zombie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: sb8k "rare" part number plate holder is almost sam Reply with quote

Could not get the plate holder for love nor money.

Had a theory...and in desperation bought a plastic MVF4 one from Ebay @£20 and it fitted. These come in carbon too.

I would also guess that the 916 no plate holder or tail tidy would do the job too but i has not been tried.

Other stuff, please correct me if I am wrong!!

Another tip is indicators. Buell, ducati and Guzzi seem to use the same indicator supplier as Bimota, so if you are stuck do a search on these makes.

Regarding mirrors , we already had a thread while we are on the subject of common parts, the lenses are common with Ducati 916 and many others including the rest of the bimota series Very Happy

Front forks are common with Mondial Piega and SB8R and SB8RS.

Other commonly found bits include the brakes are just jolly old brembo goldline plus disks. Frame is common with SB8R. Rear subframe is not because the SB8K tank needs a square area cut out.

Injectors are same as ducati 1098 shower injectors.

The only bits I am missing on my burnt out SB8K is the seat. Maybe that can be gotten from another more common bike model any ideas?

Hope this helps.....
Zombie
rpo83

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi zombie, i don't know if this is any good to you, but a guy in Aus has SB8R bodywork and seat for sale...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BIMOTA-SB8R-1000-SEAT-and-TAIL-BODYWORK-1998-2000-/300450398917?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45f43d42c5

Cheers

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: