Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Newbie. Db5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirtydog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Newbie. Db5 Reply with quote

Hi boys & girls I'm new to the site & just bought a db5.
Could any of you advise on where to sorce parts, info etc.
I'm up in sunny Yorkhire in the UK.
Thanks in advance for your replys Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdo Dirty.....and welcome to the Forum...but more importantly....Bimota Ownership...fellow Db5 owner and rider and you've found the best place already for info......just need a picture posting as we all like pictures.....more info on your bike....where from...what model, colour scheme etc....white dial tacho model or Koso clocks model...1000cc or 1079cc...wet or dry clutch........what info or parts you looking for? I can send you full Bimota workshop manual electronically and Full Factory Spare Parts manual also...gives exploded pictures...handy for maintenance......

A few Db5 owners on here so youre in safe hands....nice light and enough real world power to have fun
Dirtydog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 2bims, I got it off a lad on here (pompy) so it's the 1000 I think it's the R but not sure yet, wet clutch but would love to convert to dry, it's the White dail clock I think, that's one of the parts I'm after as well as an ignition barrel, new filler cap with keys & side stand & mount, a manual would be great as there's a fair bit of work to do but she's not going back standard Surprised
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the DB5 club! And the forum, of course....
My DB5R is the best bike that I have ever had, and my riding goes back to 1967. Year round every day!
1965 Triumph T100SC
Dirtydog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks spikec, I can wait to get out on mine, it's going to be a long winter Shocked
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right...I see...Pompeys DB5 that was on ebay...yeh I know the one.....sounds and looks like you'll be needing a copy of the Bimota Spare parts manual and workshop manual then......send me your email addie and I can send you a link to download it from...as its far too large in detail (file size) to send as an attachment........Once you get that I'd suggest contacting Paolo at BimotaClassicParts....just google it and you'll find him....reads and writes English so no problem there despite him being based in Italy....evidently has links to the Factory so he would be the best starting point as its rare if not impossible to get a response from the Factory itself I'm afraid........Key set is Zadi manufacture...no transponder or such...just a plain key.........clocks.......Hhmmm...again try Paolo...as I've never seen those white dial tachos for sale anywhere...only other manufacturer that used that display was Ducati on their ltd edition MH900E...and they had it encased in a chrome surround....but seeing as those bikes sit in collections its unheard of them being broken........
Dirtydog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 2bims, I'll pm my email add, thanks for the info I've messaged paolo on here to see if he can help, I'm just on with trying to register it for the road @ the mo so fingers crossed with that Shocked I was looking to see if a Ducati ignition might fit but the filler cap will have to be bimota I think so would like matching keys etc. I've asked a couple of people about the clocks so fingers crossed with that too Laughing
waggytee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome fellow DB5 owner - great choice!

If you get any positive responses on the clock, and there's another available, let me know

Parts - only thing I've needed is one of the little plastic cover cover things which stops the chain rubbing on the swingarm - ended up speaking to a mate who had a mate in Italy, who rang the factory, who sent the part to the dealer, my mate's mate drove to pick it up, and then posted to me - lot of hassle for a $10 part.

I dropped into Amore Moto in Market Drayton as they're not too far from me, and they suggested they could get parts for current models - well the 5 is sort of current'ish, so it may be worth a call?
Dirtydog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate, I've spoke to amore about a few bits he is trying to sorce for me, I've got a few irons in the fire on parts but yes I'll defo see if more is available if I can get one, I'm popping into amore this week prob fri on my way down south to a wheelie school Laughing
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dirtydog, DB5 is a good choice , very underrated bike , perfectly balanced with enough power to disgrace lots of more powerful machinery.

I am a bit confused though as I thought this bike had no frame number or papers and was incomplete

Dirtydog wrote:
I'm just on with trying to register it for the road @ the mo so fingers crossed with that Shocked

Don't want to upset you or sound negative , but trying to funnel your attention to what is important . Apart from a few other major issue's , a basic issue is it can not be MOT'd /SVA'd without a sealing petrol cap and current mileage etc.
Dirtydog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi vort28
It's frame number & engine number are intact so should be able to register, need a letter from bimota regarding age etc which I've applied for, it's one of the first ones been a db5 Millie.
If that avenue draws a dead end I have another idea to get it on the road so it's full steam ahead getting it ready Very Happy
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Dirtydog.

There are many ways to get things registered , and I have tried most.
To be honest if a COC or letter are not forth coming and they will probably not be ( sorry but the truth is not always pleasant), I would go the SVA route which is only £85 . The benefit of this is its all down to you to sort on your time-scale.
There are lots of people that promise things and just waste your time.
Dirtydog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice vort28 I've pm you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: