Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Vented Carbon fibre clutch covers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matty82

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense if I get one too, gotta love bulk buying
Chris F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have any approx idea on price? Can't seem to see it anywhere....
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh no worries...been checking both posts.....thus so far its:-

Weed
Trev45
Dingbat
JRH
mm500
and Meself.......

And now 851Jim
SethG
Matty82
Maybe ChrisF....

I'll drop another note to Armin as he is either still away or didnt get my last comminique as I've not heard back from him...which is strange in itself...as I was hoping he'd lower the price for a bulk order as they are made specially....so I'll try him again......

Still waiting for Armin to come back to me........hes away a bit doing racing etc so will be patient
Chris F

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks for the update.
least we know where we are now and just need to wait a while to see how it develops. on a side issue, if you are after carbon add ons, I'm getting a new carbon tank for my RS250 from a guy who is making carbon parts and seems quite a reasonable price to me. I would imagine something like this would be quite a simple thing to mould up and make and with approx 10 people to buy it the mould price would be divided by 10 so should bring the price down.
If it doesn't work out with Armin for some reason let me know and I'll see if Richard is interested.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with you asking your guy Chris........as my German contact Armin seems to have gone quiet.....evidently as in the post...the carbon vented clutch cover is a star shape similar to as per on Ducatis.......and Armin had one made for his own Vdue.......He quoted 149 euros a piece...so not cheap and I was unsure as to whether this was with or without German VAT.....and evidently without postage...

Armins version looks like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FITS-DUCATI-748-996-749-999-1098-1198-MONSTER-CARBON-FIBER-DRY-CLUTCH-COVER-/151156765420?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2331a532ec

But evidently any form or function like this also would suffice

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-carbon-fibre-clutch-cover-851-888-etc-/281408966409?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4185480f09

And evidently your man would need a standard Bimota part to copy...as the bolt hole spacing is WAy different from that of any Ducati or any other dry clutch cover I've seen............
Chris F

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks for this.
I'll ask him and see what he thinks, needs and estimates on costs.
He can always use my clutch cover as I can post it over to him.
Will let you know what he says when he gets back to me. Before going to far I'll see what the tank and V fairing piece are like but from the pics they do look very good.
SethG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we could get this one to fit!

[/img]
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis a nice simple design that one....lucky enough to have 2 of tem already...fitted to me DB5R and DB6R...and for Bimota quite simple yet effective....scoop for fresh air in and crud out...whilst keeping clothes, boots etc away from spinning parts....And the centre b logo is similar to the frame plugs on the Vdue, DB3 and DB4...of which I have a couple of spares......... Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys....

Ok...Armin of DRT Schneider has got back to me now...as I thought...they are custom made one offs...and thus he says production would be 4-6 weeks from Order for a batch of say ten to be made........As I am VAT registered he can zero rate the items and thus price just for the manufacture would now be 130 Euros a-piece rather than 150 euros....

On top of this is postage from him to me and then from me to whomsoever wants one and where they live........

Chris F...let me know if your man could do these and if so, to what style and at what price etc etc...Cheers
Chris F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Hi Guys....

Ok...Armin of DRT Schneider has got back to me now...as I thought...they are custom made one offs...and thus he says production would be 4-6 weeks from Order for a batch of say ten to be made........As I am VAT registered he can zero rate the items and thus price just for the manufacture would now be 130 Euros a-piece rather than 150 euros....

On top of this is postage from him to me and then from me to whomsoever wants one and where they live........

Chris F...let me know if your man could do these and if so, to what style and at what price etc etc...Cheers

Will do... he's just finishing off my tank for my RS. I'll email him now. The issue he'll have will the initial mould but let's see what he thinks....
Matty82

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
Any ideas on what's happen with these clutch covers? Only now the weather is good an I'm busy cleaning the 500 up an had forgotten about these.
Cheers
Matty82

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still after one of these please
Skyline-Mark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Vented Carbon fibre clutch covers Reply with quote

Hi 2bims

Your bike looks stunning. I am looking to buy one very soon. The more I look, the more and more I want one. I have a very nice RG500 Gamma and a very special RS500GP-Replica but want a V-due to add to my bike collection!! I went to see one on Sunday at a bike shop, but was very disappointed as it was described as "as new" with 800-miles on the clock. When I got there, it had lots of things wrong with it!!!! I rode a round trip of 168-miles. Why do people tell so many lies?

Regards Mark

2bims wrote:
Hello all........Good old Armin Schneider of DRT Schneider/bimota-teille.de........appears to have had Open Carbon Fibre Clutch covers made up that fit the Bimota Vdue.........

As per picture

He has come back to me with a price for it.....and so I thought I'd see if anyone else is interested in one...and maybe we can bring the price down a bit if theres several parties interested....

Now it looks like he has a anodised pressure plate...but no...he simply painted the original and fitted standard size anodised Ducati cups/springs...so heads up for anyone interested?
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably the one you went to look at was in a dealers in Sheffield??? Would you mind sharing with us what was wrong with it? In your own honest Opinion of course....not been to see it myself...and no affiliation to any dealer...just curious
dingbat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been going on now for a while - Anybody ended up getting one of these covers or having any made up ? I would be up for one The need to slip the clutch on pulling away does indeed cause problems with the dust gumming everything up - dont really like running without the cover either Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: