Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Steering damper

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirtydog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Steering damper Reply with quote

Any of you db5 boys got steering dampers fitted? Pics would be great please Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll start...Nope....and Bimota never bothered to fit on the DB5's....and from experience not needed.....on the DB6 they fitted one to the DB6R model...and from experience that is needed...and kits are available to retro fit on the Db6....but they are specific to the DB6 and not the Db5
Dirtydog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steven, I had a big off in 2013 &'swore to fit to all bikes I ever own from now on & cause im streetfightering the db5 I think she might need one Shocked
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh....the Db5 with its fairing and my choice of tyres is fine up to 125 and so on without any issues and little to no sidewind issues either....the DB6 though can wander at 60, 70, 80 etc and having an adjustable on the go damper on the bars helps with that one...another fellow on here with a Db10...certainly streetfighter style bike and unfaired...managed to retro fit a rotary damper on the headstock....so doing so on yours should be capable...
Dirtydog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a db10 on Friday @ ben's spot 😍😍😍😍 I see Ducati Manchester have one cheap? I love that style of bike, I'll get a steering damper & some brackets made to suit if there's nothing on the market, I managed to get a full lock set for £45 Very Happy just awaiting its arrival, thanks for the advice again Steve.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What on earth is Bens Spot???...or moreover where? The Db10 owner isnt far from me so could have been him.....Duc MCr have one going cheap??? Their over associated Dealer DMC Preston used to have one going cheapish...and thats the one that the fellow bought...dont think they have another for sale though??...

Willing to share with us where you got such a cheap lock set from? Always nice to know where good prices of spare parts come from...
Dirtydog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Ben @ amore moto, I saw the the db10 on the Internet for 11k with a big chunk of cash slashed off the price, Ben wants 20k for his, the lock set was on eBay off a Ducati, the fuel cap is the same when stripped down, the plug on the ignition is not the same but 6 wires so will make fit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: