Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Need brake pads (front and rear) for SB3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
texascbr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Need brake pads (front and rear) for SB3 Reply with quote

Took the old SB3 out for a great morning run through the Texas Hill Country today. After this ride I realize I will be doing more and want to source some brake pads for this old scoot sooner rather than later.

Anyone know where to get some more info on the Brembo calipers and which other bikes they may have been used on so I can cross to those bikes in my search? Heck info on the Brembo calipers would also be good so I can rebuild these 35 year old calipers at the same time.

Thanks,
Chris
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres quite a few dealers who still sell the new units...including pads....at a fraction of cost of new seals let alone pads...

http://www.ebay.it/itm/front-brake-brembo-calipers-for-guzzi-ducati-including-pads-108-mm-/271996836186?hash=item3f5446595a

Check his other items also as he may have rears also....I've dealt with this dealer and hes quick and with cheap postage....as per his ad....same calipers were used on Early Ducatis and MotoGuzzis
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys in the Uk also do seal kits, master cylinders, pistons, discs, calipers pads etc etc

http://www.mdinaitalia.co.uk/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&searchstart=72&category=BVBR

Or search for Brembo suppliers in the US....as all of brembo products from the 80's up are usually available....you may find it hard to find seals, pistons etc in the USA.....brembo are conscious of being sued for selling parts to people who fit them incorrectly so certain countries only sell whole calipers and not kits to repair
texascbr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's better news than I was expecting. Thanks for the leads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: