Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tyres

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matty82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Tyres Reply with quote

Hi, so I'm having new tyres fitted to the new BST CF wheels an the question is can I/ shall I fit a 200-55-17 supercorsa to the rear instead of the 180-55-17. Supercorsa's don't do the 190-50-17. The 200 was fitted to the Suter 500 when I was out there an it looked pretty, ha.
Recon I will have to put spacers inbetween the CF mudguard an swing arm though
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a great believer if "if it aint broke, dont fix it"...but thats just me........Profile height of the tyre is the same (but unsure of shape profile of tyre suggested) so maybe no need for spacers on hugger to raise it up.....but you will have side clearance issues going 10mm wider each side...I measure only 6-7mm clearance either side between tyre edges and the sides of the hugger...and thats on a cold tyre
trev45

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigger is not better

tires are suited for the rim size for profile

It is only a 5.5 x 17 a 180 size tire is best for rim size fitment etc

Trev
Matty82

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tyre fitter got in a muddle an fitted the 200 an I never checked till I got it home, hence knowing that it fouls, ha.
Just seeing if I could live with it or not. Also guys the rear disc bolts pretty much fell out but the front, well I've had the blow torch on them, I've used a bit of shock but nothing. King Kong himself must have been swinging off the wrecking bar when these were fitted.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats odd with the rear disc bolts....Normally Pieros spanner boys forget to do up the front disc bolts.....mine were only finger tight all round both sides when I got the bike......Kinda knew a few things were worthy of checking so went through the whole bike anyhow.....makes a difference with age....as a "youngster" I'd normally just jump on board and "ride it like I stole it".....not so much of that anymore.......

Front disc bolts will be usual Italian pasta steel....if air tools dont get them out....its best to hammer a chisel slot in the heads....and then hitting the chisel to turn them out...evidently then going to buy new bolts after that
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I put the carbon wheels on the vdue , first few corners I really F*CK up because the quick turning vdue turned into the BLOODY quick turning vdue. You do not want to slow that down with a 200 tyre.
I would get it changed , as don't see the need for the extra 20mm , but like 2bims, that is just me.

How was the Suter ? any pictures ??? Did you find anyone to take the spare ticket ?
Matty82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

180 back on now, it doesn't look as good but like you say if it ain't broke etc. plus it will corner great. Just gotta get those peskey front disks off now.

Yep suter day was fantastic, that really is a gross bit of kit. The truth is that a good rider can ride a Vdue hard an have fun but the Suter like all gp500's can only be ridden well by gods. An they seem to struggle too, ha.

Would love to have one in the garage though
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suter would be a nice bike, but as you say for the track only to get close to the performance potential , and they are about £100k aren't they ? Think I would rather have 5 vdues Very Happy

No 2bims , dont say it !!!! Rolling Eyes Wink

Anyway , if you need a new set of nice Black Brembo 10 bobbin disks to go on the vdue let me know. Have a few spare sets.
Matty82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the deal the the black brembos vort

Ya, true dilemma, 5 Vdues or a Suter ha.
May start looking for another mint Vdue, they're for some reason very addictive.
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the disc's, got them from Piero as spare's , same as the last ef10 vdues he produced as the standard gold ones have 1 less or 1 more bobbin ( can't remember which ) on Ducati's etc, but got a spare set for each bike which I think is a bit over the top so if you want a set I can sell one set.

What vdue you after ? might be able to help there also.

Matty82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll pm ya vort
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: