Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

no paypal?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbbimota

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: no paypal? Reply with quote

gents

i'm trying to buy some part out of germany...the website has all sorts of bimota parts, but he won't take paypal...website is graf-bimota.de.....wire transfer is us $40, so it doesn't make much sense buying from him...anybody run into this?

peter
daveg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I don't blame him
Paypal is only any good for a buyer.
They are crooks with there fees for sellers and they offer ZERO seller protection, its all way to loaded in the direction of buyers IMHO.
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I pay with PayPal I always include a little extra to cover the paypal fees.
1965 Triumph T100SC
sbbimota

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i even offered to pay the 3.5% fee...there is no recourse at all for the buyer if you wire transfer. if it's broken in transit Paypal will cover it.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use a third party site to do a bank transfer so you won't get stuffed with bank charges. Ask if they send the goods insured, if not pay the extra to have it.
A lot of European websites will only a money transfer.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like youre trying to buy from Rudolf Graf of Bimota-parts.de....its very normal in Germany to use bank transfer only....as no costs for wither party inside of Europe as all on the same currency....I've bought parts from him no problem...by doing Bank transfer....hes been around for years and can be trusted....and often is the only guy who has the part you need. What part is it? Have you not tried Bimota Classic Parts in Italy? Reads writes and speaks English...and takes paypal........as others have said he'd post with insurance if you ask him.....I've bought V expensive original Brembo full floaters for him and other parts and theyve always turned up well packaged and intact
daveg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbbimota wrote:
it's broken in transit Paypal will cover it.

No they don't
They just shaft the supplier by taking the money back. If the buyers says its broken/missing/didn't arrive etc etc etc, that's it, money refunded and the seller doesn't get a say.
sbbimota

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess europe is not into Paypal, like the USA. I even tried Credit Card and he wouldn't take that either. Bank Transfer is not used here in the USA as it's so damn expensive. I guess I won't be getting my part till I go to germany.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no big deal, just search for it and you'll find a website. It's mainly Germany but then with all the paypal problems for a seller I can't say I blame them.

What were you after anyway ???
sbbimota

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm after a windscreen with the black 1" border around the lower half. this Paypal thing is a crack up actually. must have something to do with European Banking system which controls the free market on how you move your money around.

peter
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really....its just not that common in europe....theres many countries and they all share the same currency so moving monies around via bank transfer is easy and free....no charges...unlike paypal...and credit card companies charge also hence they like bank transfer......seems dear though from the USA....UK banks charge around $15 to transfer to europe in euros.........or you can set up a euro account that has free transfers to euro banks...thats what I did for payng for whole bikes from Italy, parts from Italy, zorsts, bits from Germany etc....
sbbimota

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great idea...i'll look up how to do that as i'll be buying a bunch of stuff from europe
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you also get a more favourable exchange rate rather than the tourist rate...most places just charge 1-2% on transfer into euros and transactions free after that...and if money left over you can transfer back.....makes sense...
who

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveg wrote:
sbbimota wrote:
it's broken in transit Paypal will cover it.

No they don't
They just shaft the supplier by taking the money back. If the buyers says its broken/missing/didn't arrive etc etc etc, that's it, money refunded and the seller doesn't get a say.

Grrrr, I purchased a gearbox from a guy who travels by the name of antidot on the forums, it was meant to be a low km close ratio YZF750 sp box.

I asked about the condition of the dogs... repeatabley. So to cut a long story short... I returned the box, taking responsibility for postage both ways, I was stupid enough to purchase from this sociopath.

Eventually I was refunded the purchase price, minus postage both ways.

3 month later he filled a goods not returned or something? And I have a debt of 500 dollars (the purchase price) plus the postage to and from Canada, and no gearbox.

Be very aware of what you are getting yourselves into with Paypal.

My paypal account is frozen, and my ebay account with 200 transactions and 200 positive feedback has been effectively frozen. F#ck them.
sbbimota

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok..finally found one that i can live with at gustafson plastics...outfilt out of florida...$129. US dollars plus shipping...i'm done..didn't realize the Paypal thing would be so interesting..i've run my own business using Paypal for 8 years and not one problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: