Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2SR
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....Welshlamb paid a Visit to Chez de 2bims today...and is quite taken with the look, feel and ergonmics of my DB2...although not for sale...he fits on it and is now keen to go further.....Mr. DB5R was also sat out on the drive...and he had to relinquish...and upon actual visual inspection close up...admit that the DB5R Is the epitomy of "the ultimate air cooled 2-valve ducati twin".... Laughing

Nice to meet up with you Welshlamb....still munching my way thru the Madeira cake...cheers....
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: one step nearer! Reply with quote

Great to see you and try a variety of Bimotas in succession.
Nothing found out to really put me off. Owning any old italian that doesnt have Guzzi or Ducati on the tank will raise issues but its clear that with forum help and their contacts 'Most' issues are solveable with 90's Bimotas on wards.

Good to see that this particular 57 year old can still fit on a DB2 (NO WAY could i pilot a DB1!) although the 4 and 5 were seductively nice as well! (if Euromillions comes up a DB5 would certainly be on the list. (unfortunately I have no ailing and rich relatives to comfort AFAIK)

Anyway now I know the basic idea is not unsound the search will be on for the right DB2 (ie right condition and price). Might take a while but at least I've got a bettere idea of what to look for. Many thanks 2bims
brian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Well....Welshlamb paid a Visit to Chez de 2bims today...and is quite taken with the look, feel and ergonmics of my DB2...although not for sale...he fits on it and is now keen to go further.....Mr. DB5R was also sat out on the drive...and he had to relinquish...and upon actual visual inspection close up...admit that the DB5R Is the epitomy of "the ultimate air cooled 2-valve..

If I were a little closer, I'd be coming over to visit you too

Very Happy
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:

Very Happy

I'd have him adopt me. Shocked
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmo_Demon wrote:
brian wrote:

Very Happy

I'd have him adopt me. Shocked

Ahhhh.......Thats sweet guys.....and I'd happily accommodate both of you....but Brian would seize up with rust with our weather....and we'd need one MOTHER of a garage to accommodate all 28 bikes or so between us.... Laughing

Too long time no hear Desmo....but good to see youre still around.... Very Happy
brian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha yeah, not too sure how I'd survive the weather over there. If it means sunshine, I'll take the heat of North Queensland any day
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

Too long time no hear Desmo....but good to see youre still around.... Very Happy

Thanks. Life's been hectic, as usual. I'm still working at the same crappy place, still working on rental houses and dealing with tenants, teaching college courses on the side, and fixing up the farm. I rode a total of 7 miles this year. Very Happy At least I got two bikes up and running. I did happen to buy a nice, used Massey-Ferguson tractor with a front end loader. LOL I'm now hoping that 2016 is the year I get back into riding motorcycles. Wink
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out its been exactly one year and one week between "posts" Desmo.....so thats a pretty regular visitor on here by most accounts... Laughing

Maybe not many miles on 2 wheels this year....but at least the bikes are still there for you....far better than not having time to ride and not having bikes....Hows the Mrs/Better half? Is she up and running and sprinting again since her accident?

Massey Ferguson tractor....shouldnt it be an early Lamborghini tractor to fit in with your italian stable?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: