Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladolcevita7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Newbie Reply with quote

Hi all

Just a few words to introduce myself to this excellent forum.

I have a DB4 which I have sat around doing nothing at the moment, until I can get round to rebuilding it back to its former glory.
It has been a labour of love trying to source parts, I did manage to acquire some parts via this excellent forum.
Parts are hard to come by, not like nipping down to your local Jap dealer 😕
But it was fun 😉
Sourced some great bits from a guy in the USA from this site,I have forgot his name at the moment.
But he has a fair few Bimota in his collection, no doubt some body on here will know of him.
Another top guy for parts lives in Sweden if I recall correctly.
Thanks to the both of them for there help.
My memory is defo going...old age creeping in 😔
Bear in mind all these were sourced over 6y ears ago and the bike is waiting, no screaming out to be rebuilt 👍
A lot of water has passed under the bridge and I am hoping to have it back on the road for next year 😉

I have learnt alot of useful info from you guys on here and hope to one day maybe be out for a ride with some of you one day next summer 😊

I have tried to attach a few photo's of my pride and joy, before I stripped her down, but cant seem to work it out....Help plz anyone.

Wishing you all a very merry xmas or as they say in bella Italia
bounna natale e feliz nova anno
Mike
brian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day Mike and welcome to the forum. Another db4 coming back to life will be nice to see. 2bims (member) must be just around the corner from you? I'm sure he'll chime in shortly. You'll need to hone those photo posting skills as photos will be mandatory for your new db4 resto thread. Do a search for posting pics as there's a couple good threads on the easiest way to do it.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
ladolcevita7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
G'day Mike and welcome to the forum. Another db4 coming back to life will be nice to see. 2bims (member) must be just around the corner from you? I'm sure he'll chime in shortly. You'll need to hone those photo posting skills as photos will be mandatory for your new db4 resto thread. Do a search for posting pics as there's a couple good threads on the easiest way to do it.

G'day to u2 Brian
Thanks for the welcome and advice for posting piccys.
Will do a search for that.
Yes 2bims is in the same neck of the woods to me, round the corner.

Mike 😊
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum and especially to DB4 ownership. They are a bit of an unsung model due to their rarity and low numbers, but quite capable of holding their head up against bigger more powerful bikes.

What model is yours ? carbs or injection?

On the picture front best to load to cloud storage somewhere, photobucket etc, then just get the URL address and hit the Img button above thread window , paste URL , and then Img* button. You will end up with [img] URL [/img] , and then submit. If the image fails in the preview or submit , as long as URL still there we can view the picture directly. Simples really Shocked
ladolcevita7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vort

Thanks for the info on images....tried to load last night but it all went pear shaped lol
Will try again and again till I get there.

My DB4 is a carby model.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: