Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota apparel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Other For Sale & Wants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Bimota apparel Reply with quote

Looking to gear up with appropriate apparel when riding my Dieci. The BMW Club leather doesn't cut it. Fleabay has some offerings for Bimota leather jackets but to me these seems like cheap Turkish knock offs. Any suggestions where to look?
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are talking about the "mighty white" cheap turkish knock offs with black Bimota writing, green and red stripes....to be honest....they aint all that bad considering the price of them especially when posted is included....and most leathers come from such countries anyhow.....The hump on the back is overly large...and the body armour inside is not that great...but I replaced mine with some from a Hein Geireiche jacket anyhow......Its a cheap entry into a Bimota jacket....other alternatives are "genuine" bimota race suits....but being Italian I imagine the sizing is for small skinny folk....other than that its get one made
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was mulling over an idea of a custom jacket at Batesleathers.com. Pricey but they will tailor it. It helps that they are located an hour's drive from my house.

2bims, I like your suggestion regarding armor. How do those Turkish delights tend to run in size? I wear 2XL in the BWM leather...
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be quite a few ebay adverts for the same jacket...at varying prices...this one though has a sizing guide that I used after measuring myself and it came ready to wear...at least the XL sizes etc are XL...if you ordered from Italy...XL means a small slim gentleman......crazy sizing for pasta munchers only I suppose...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bimota-Motorcycle-leather-jackets-Motorbike-jackets-Racing-biker-jackets-/231755372265?hash=item35f5b256e9:g:SHkAAOSwxH1T1se2
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks brother! I'll look into this. I got tired taping up the roundel - the tape comes off at speed )))))
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some mainstream leather manufactures will put logos on for you. RST I think did it, Held might ....
Or you can paint a logo using acrylic and seal it with some fixer.
Amour Moto the UK importers have genuine Bimota merchandise
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made to measure , Bimota merchandise is made by Gimoto.

http://cs.gimoto.com/welcome/bimota/

Hours of fun to be had changing colours !!!!!!
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grazie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Other For Sale & Wants All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: