Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Clutch cover orientation ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steff_dk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Clutch cover orientation ... Reply with quote

MDI has come back asking where to make the cut.

Can anyone see from the measurements which way is up?

I can't be sure the image is oriented the way the cover would sit on the bike, and I don't have my bike yet, so can't go see for myself ..

Many thanks Wink

vort28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can work out from scaling this picture the orientation is like this.
But maybe wait till someone else can also validate.

2bims

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so sure if thats helping Vort...you've got your lines and colours in different places to the piccie above....Will look in me garage and check dims on Vdue soon...But its battering it down with Cats and Dogs at the moment so will hand fire until it stops
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, lines in different places to orientate the above view to the one of the engine as it sits in the frame.
steff_dk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Yep, lines in different places to orientate the above view to the one of the engine as it sits in the frame.

I get the same as you from the pic Vort ...

I suppose that would end up looking something like this:

Will wait and see if someone can confirm before asking MDI to start cutting Wink

Cheers guys!
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, something like that. If no-one else can confirm I will check on Friday afternoon when I can get to my vdue.
dingbat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the slashcut design too. I had the same difficulties finding a suitable cover when I tried some months ago so thanks to those who persisted with it ! The fully cut one looks maybe a bit too open at the trailing edge in the case of wearing of boots with laces which can come undone or suchlike. Seems daft I know and you can all have a good laugh but I'm sure we all know someone it has happened to at some time ! I'll have to get on the bike and take a look.
Is the slashcut version vented at the bottom or trailing edge to keep the air flowing front to rear and let out the dust also ? I cant see clearly from the photos posted of the slash cut cover fitted to the other Bim or do I see some tiny holes in it at the trailing side ? If so are they big enough not to get clogged ? Just a thought ? In any case it has got to be better than the non vented original. I will be ordering one too when it all gets finalised. Thanks guys Smile
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be all right with lacies......the vent is at the front leading edge to draw air in and the spinning action of the clutch should be enough to create an escape for dust...the clutch is set back into the frame and covered by the fairing anyhow...I'd be more concerned about lacies getting caught in the chain that has no chain cover.......The other Bimota clutch cover doesnt have vents at the back...but you could always drill some small holes in if that was a concern...

The other advantage of the slash cut design should be that the air box doesnt need removing to pull the cover off and service the clutch as the one bolt thats hidden by the airbox would not be needed to hold it in place
dingbat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the look of the radial cut cover better but the slash cut one seems to make better sense. When I get the cover and if it ever stops raining long enough here in UK to go out on the bike to try it I'll post how it does. I havent had sufficient cause as yet to take the clutch apart - a blow out with compressed air has so far been OK - so havent seen whether the friction plates on mine are flat surfaced or have the slots. I have a feeling though that sooner or later I'll have cause find out !Smile
steff_dk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clutch cover arrived Smile
Of course I had to pay import tax and fees, but MDI had declared a very reasonable value on the parcel, so I am very happy.

Pictures:

Very pleased with the outcome, but time will tell if it actually fits and sits the right way.

Happy new year all Mr. Green
mm500

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking good steff, how much was it inc postage to DK?
steff_dk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm500 wrote:
looking good steff, how much was it inc postage to DK?

I ordered it when it was still $ 76.00 - I see they raised the price since.
They did not charge extra for the one-off.

Coincidentally I have relatives living 15 minutes away from MDI Carbonfiber.
I noticed they used a Californian address on the envelope. Go figure Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: