Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6R wanted and price guide???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balmy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: SB6R wanted and price guide??? Reply with quote

Morning all.

I'm after a SB6R ( though I do like SB8R's too ) to join my Ducati 916 Senna and Laverda 750 Formula.

Anyone got one for sale and can anyone give a rough price guide? Is about £6K about right for a tidy one?

Cheers
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6-7k ish should see you OK , but be careful on what you buy.
I would suggest to buy the best condition you can as not like a GSXR/CBR etc were you can pop down to the local breaker for a new panel .
I would also expect any decent potential seller to be willing to strip off panels etc to show things are as they should be and no damage .

It is also best to get as original as possible ( for future value , original always worth more than modified) , with the SB6R the original spec of the bikes was static compared to earlier models that could have subtle differences, therefore easier to check . Also make sure that if bits have been changed eg lighter wheels , that you get the original heavy antera's as well.
Bespoke1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Balmy, I have a beautiful, immaculate, original, SB6R carbon for sale. Send email address for info / contact details. Ray
Balmy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vort.
Weirdly I popped into a local bike shop on Saturday I use to have some tyres taken off some spare wheels and outside was a SB6. Just imported and in for MOT.
Local import/rare bike home dealer bloke. Wanted £10k for it before it goes to Coys auction.
Another one I know about-a SB6R wants £6k and it looks tidy.

Bespoke-I'll message you.
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10K !!!! WOW , that has got to be a first for an SB6 !!!! Not that I think it is unreasonable.
People are willing to pay 4-6K for a GSXR1100 , which should really make the SB6 worth 8-10k , but sably when it comes to Bimota's the pricing does not seem to work like that. Crying or Very sad
stox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen GSXR1100's for sale for a lot more than I paid for my SB6R and the prices are set to rise as Practical Sportsbikes have done a huge spread on them.
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange isn't it ??
Think one of the problems is the rarity of Bimota's. If people see 10 GXSR1100's for sale at 6k , then they accept that is the norm, so one at 5k is a bargain and people fight over it.
If they see 1 SB6 for 8k they just think they are expensive , which is a shame as the sb6 is a great bike and well worth the difference.
Be interesting to see what that one goes for at the auction.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis always the way......maybe there were 20-30,000 owners of GSX1100's in the day.....and if just one percent want to relive that memory today then theres 2-300 people wanting the "survivors".....theres never that many after a Bimota as they didnt own one in "their day".

It all about what they used to have and/or wanted but missed out on...Bimotas are always outside of most peoples thoughts.........Superlight Ducati 900SS have been fetching up to 7,000 at Dealers like MIIMC.....which is now reaching its original retail price.....Unlike DB2's which were 14,000 new in the day....and arent reaching that price
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arent the GSXR1100 based on the oilcooled models, not the watercooled that were used in the SB6 and SB6R ?
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: SB6R/GSXR Reply with quote

You're absolutely right Chuckie. There was no love for the water cooled GSXR, which was a very heavy and unwieldy behemoth. I think both Suzuki and to a lesser extent Bimota, worked on the basis that the motor was such a powerhouse that they didn't need to worry how much baggage it was having to carry. At least with the 6r you can put the lad on a diet, but the Gixxer is just big-boned.
daveg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never ridden mine since buying two years ago.
Havent even had it mot'd....
Speedo says its done 3250 miles!!
Been collecting a few spares, clocks, indicators, throttle cables etc etc
Would consider selling it....
stockcar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should really ride it (even just for a few blasts) as they are cracking......

I don't have time for mine these days due to work and too many other toys but still slightly more inclined to keep than sell......BUT like all things everything will go at the right price Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: