Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Looking for a shop that sells Bimotas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timbimota

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember going down to Conquest at 3X about 7 years ago and seeing a Santa Monica prototype. As memory serves me it was around £8k and unpainted transluscent white type plastic instead of carbon. I was told is was used for homogolation and thus was rather rough. As the link is gone now I dont know if this is the same bike. I took some pics which must be stored somewhere or other- will have a look
UKbimota

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
I heard, i may be wrong, that the santa monica's were built out of parts bought at the bankruptcy auction when Bimota closed down(again) Wink

Come on Oily, as far as I know it was only once they closed down in 2000, that was bad enough let alone spreading false information in jest or not.

For the past year I have heard many people say "Bimota have been bust many times".!!!!

It seems what starts as a cold ends up a pneumonia, or via forums as Churchill once said " A lie gets half way around the world (its the whole now with forums) before the truth can put its pants on".

Now if its true they have been bust more than once prove it or do not say it, please.

UKB
oily

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, It must be "have a pop at Oily" day

So it's my fault that this rumour has spread around the globe is it ?

As you point out, it's a very common rumour and in the spirit of the thread you could have contributed some information on the SB8 or even the history of the Bimota factory instead of having a pop Wink
UKbimota

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oily

No ones having a pop, as you have said in previous forum posts we should be able to say something without anyone taking offense.

Is just that its not really fair to the factory and its the truth that is needed otherwise the rumors continue and any new Bimota owner may get put off by them, after all, many are not as well informed about the marque as you are so you could actually hep as well by making sure if there are any factual inaccuracies that you notice you could just add a few good truthful points.

As for info about the SB8, there are enough people on here who know far more than me but as for factory information that will come in time, in fact I am there from the 2nd to the 7th September so will report back on what is happening.

For new Bimota owners there will also be the weekly newsletter/email and also we are trying to get the new on line magazine published which being honest is taking longer than planned; its called "LaBimotataifosi".

There is also a new Factory club but once more its in its infancy.

When are you going to buy an new one then???

UKB????? Confused Confused Confused Confused
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of the SB8k prototype. If it is the one I saw at NLM then it was basically a SB8 , with the bodywork of the SB8K , ish , sort of. It was not the final SB8K ,as previously stated , was fibre glass rather than carbon , bits of filler here and there , and lots of marker on it for mods. Think I may have a picture somewhere. Obviously , none of the engine or suspension mods of the later models , was not the best example. Was about 8k from memory , but needed tidying.
MARTIN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of the prototype , was it not tagged SB9

Type BIMOTA SB9 into google search and details can be seen there

(00) SB6 (95) HD FXDWG STRETCH (01)GSXR1000K1
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "SB9" is just a computer artwork it's not a bike or even a concept bike
UKbimota

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: SB8K Reply with quote

This machine (its not alone) really does exist.

It really is a suburb machine and was one of those bikes that reached its maturity just as the company folded in 2000. It is said by the owner to be one of the best Bimotas ever made. (He should know he has one of each from new I hasten to add, HB1 - DB7 Oro Nero what a collection!)

The more I hear about what happened in 2000 the more I feel so disappointed for the company, so much going for it at that time.

Onwards and upwards.

UKB
djt77

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your saying there was an SB9 prototype produced?
UKbimota

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not called an SB9 exactly but I can tell you there were a lot of good bikes that never made it for sale and the "SB8+ lets call it is really special and above all it worked!!! Just at the time they packed up.

I am told on good authority that all these machines will be available for public view in about two years once the museum is finished, it should be well worth a trip out to Italy, then I guess everyone can make their owns minds up what should have or should not have happened.

Its a bit like the prototype V Due tesi...... never saw the light of day but what a machine that might have been if they were allowed to continue development!

Hope this answers your question?

UKB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: