Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Somethings Coming............
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a virtually immediate reply from Linea Moto apologising for the crack in the glass base caused during transit and they are going to send me a replacement in the morning, excellent response .
I understand your OCD Steve and will be swapping my hex head bolts out also. I also have hex heads on the main body in the seat area which will have to go.
I have just noticed comparing the pictures of your model to mine, that my screen is different, mine does not have the kick up at the trailing edge.
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked again at the website for Linea Moto and the main picture shows two models of the Mini DB1 having differing screens, mine is like the vertically mounted model and 2bims is more like the inclined model so it perhaps the luck of the draw what you get when you order!
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Producation changes between models only 5 NoS. apart????? How very Bimota of them eh??

Now I need pictures Paul to see the differences between the two models.....should be a kick up on the screen if following true to the course of a DB1
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/img]
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant see the hex bolts under the seat area youre talking about...or have you already changed them out?

Most weird to offer 2 different types of screens...mine not only kicks up like a duble bubble but is cut back running forward...pretty much just like what is on my bike...although that is a replacement skidmarx screen
brian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I need to stop looking at this or my Visa card is going to get smashed. That's beautiful
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are nicer in the flesh also Brian....I'm just glad they arent doing a Black/Gold version like the one in the adverts...or else I'd have to get one of those also.........

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0f/a3/0d/0fa30da7c41fc9cb3e67c7004aeff5ac.jpg

Last edited by 2bims on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
fish

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a tee shirt for me who,s going to print some ? Very Happy Very Happy
DB1-DB2SR-DB2EF-DB3-DB4 Db10 YB6-yb7_yb10-2xyb11-SB5,2xSB6-kb3-yb5-MILLE MIKEHAILWOOD HARRIS MAGMAN2-TRIUMPH T140-RG500x2-KAWA Z900-SUZUKI GSX1100-DUCATI 900SS- 750 sport ducati DUCATI F1 750- 851 tri colour-500sl-1996 Trumph datona . Vee two alchemy
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased to report that the replacement glass base for my Mini DB1arrived undamaged from Linea Moto today.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cool Paul.........did they provide a new carbon top as well? I found that the holes in the glass base re the top were quite "randomly" drilled....hopefully it fits OK...
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I had to use the carbon piece from the original base and it does bolt up OK. That said the alignment of the carbon piece to the base is no better than the original, the sides of the carbon piece are not exactly parallel to the base. Hopefully when I have bolted the DB1 to it, my eyes will be drawn away from this little issue. Is that what you meant about the holes in the base 2bims?
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh...thats exactly what I meant....mines not straight either...carbon base is 1-2mm out along the edge...but you dont really see that when the models sat on it....Good to hear that they replaced the base in the end after the iitial concerns....
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided to make a few Old Posts as "Stickys"....for anyone new to the Forum to find them easily, as part of my slow departure, setting up things differently...uploading sales brochures for download, Workshop manuals, Owners handbooks...all to be freely downloadable...whatever I can get onbaord, after I've chatted to Katy to hopefully amend a few things with the FOrum so that we can have a "cloud" or somesuch somewhere to upload the pdf copies to.

Anyhow...back to the Main theme....Somethings Coming.............. Laughing Laughing Laughing

And be patient here...as whilst the more observant may notice that perhaps the pictures below should be in "other bikes"...and not polluting "Bimota Chat"..i will reveal why I've broken the rules.

This is whats coming...deal done late yesterday....being MOT'd, checked over, new battery...any safety concerns taken care of, then couriered Up to my home, complete with a kph to mph sticky overlay...

Yup...I've gone all retro back to my teenage years....but to allay any fears..I've bought it for my 15 year old son...whos now only 5cms shorter than me...and already a shoe size bigger (10)...and whos head now fits into my Oversize Shoei helmet as a snug fit (we have big heads in our family...so our mothers have told us...and perhaps they should know more than us...Yikes)

Bike is evidently a DT125R YPVS model...from France...absolute stock bone standard...and picked up really quite cheap cheap from a company called Unit 5 Moto, based in Romford

They tend to only need to advertise on their Facebook page...and if a bike doesn't sell within a day or two, it goes onto ebay...link your facebook account to follow them and you get updates whenever they pick something new up...Rakes of 2 strokes, be it 125's, 200's 250's Aprilias, KDX200's etc etc...they ship em quick and sell em cheap...roadworthy, but needing a clean...and that's what me and my son will be doing...giving him some basic maintenance lessons and a few tweaks and refurbishments here and there...hes a wizard with a rattle can in his hand....and then teaching him to ride and come 17...if he does well at school, its his...if not ...its mine to sell...

The company will MOT if required/suitable...and do the NOVA HMRC declaration for you...and provide either the French Documents or Proof of age related certificate..and the V55/5 form for applying for a UK V5 reg document...so its merely a case of insuring it on the chassis number (how cheap will that be for a 125cc that classifies as a Classic on a MultiClassic bikes policy!!!)...and paying the V5 fee and first years road tax...tax being £17 per year...or...just for a laugh..monthly direct debit for an extra 85p....

Been sitting patiently so far?? Heres the Bimota part...Not only do they travel to France and pick up stock bikes (froggies aren't into modding so much)...they also have ties in Japan...and have brought 3 Bimotas over recently...One was the YB7 400 advertised on "bikes for sale"..picked up by a newbie Forum member...but they also have a YB6 "coming"...no photos yet...and they already have 2 people lined up for it before anyone else even gets a look in...they have also recently sold a Jap sourced Tesi 1D to a guy in france...that never even made it to the UK...they mentioned it on their facebook page and it was sold before they even uploaded a picture of it...Seem a decent company...and willing to give folk "first shout" without even a deposit being taken...or entering into a bidding war

Heres their Facebook page, Happy shopping:-

https://www.facebook.com/unit5motorcycles/
brian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work 2bims... getting the next generation involved in bikes Cool
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a picture of the Tesi 1D that they found, that sold before it even landed in the UK...to someone in France

Looks in nice condition...and...nice clean environment with some handsome other bikes for company...If anyones interested what it sold for..pm me and I'll let you know...BUT...be warned...you will KICK yourself hard for missing it..Oh...you have to have a guess first before I reveal...SOLD price..in Euros...and that's AFTER shipping it from Japan and paying import duty etc...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 23 of 36

Jump to: