Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

V-Due

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BOFFER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: V-Due Reply with quote

Hi all, just thought I would join the forum and say hello as I am a previous owner with still a good interest. I was the one who wrote the motorcycle news article years ago that keeps coming up on google. Got my vdue of piero back in 2005 and registered it in 2006 after a lot of messing about.
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome .
We will not make you regret the sale to much !! Honest !! Laughing

This article ?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2008/august/the-story-of-my-bimota-vdue/
BOFFER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vort, yes that's me. The other bikes in my man cave in the picture were my yellow 996 and my dads bike long since sold. Had lots of fun with the vdue though, great bike.
BOFFER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice we are both north west based as well. I am up near Clitheroe in Lancashire.
Matty82

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome boffer. If you are interested in enjoying the fun again, my collection is a bit big atm. I have a carb or inj that could have your name on it
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep , both in NW , I'm just outside liverpool.

Just read advert again and you had a modified injection . If you thought that was fun you should try a trofeo or EF10 Very Happy .

Out of interest, why did you sell ??
BOFFER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vort / Matty.

Matty / Would definitely be interested in the carb version as I am all out of patience for the injected models. Only problem is cash as always, may have some coming my way in spring but nothing around at present. How much were you looking for on the carb version and is it an evo 2 or 3 or just the carb version that Piero made up from injected bikes ?

Vort / I had a standard bike from Piero with basic mods done to crank seals / internal oil passages etc. When it arrived it needed loads of work and even then they are only ever 95% right as the fuelling misses a bit and leccys are intermittent and overall quite a fragile thing. As you know Piero experimented with loads of ideas and put carbs on a few injection bikes but even they were a bit iffy. The one to have is the evo 2 or 3 or the EF or the track bike. It just got to a point where I wanted a Maserati more than a vdue and the vdue was sold along with spares for decent money. Still have a ducati 999 but always looking for another big stroker. Have also been considering either an rgv 500 or nsr 500 replica with rg500 or rd500 lump in it. Piero still has a couple for sale as well so will see where spring and my wallet takes me.
Matty82

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me an a few others have spoken to Piero over the last year or so an the verdict is he has sold all of his stock of bikes, only parts.
Yep, carbs are the easier way forwards.
My carb is a stock 03 evo only just run in and in great shape. Could let her go in spring so it may work for the both of us. Price is tricky as always, they keep going up, no more "new" ones etc. other ones are between 15-20 now
BOFFER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Matty. If you mail me directly on mark.rothwell@spicerhaart.co.uk I will explain further. kind regards, Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: