Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

May be joining the flock...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not looking good for the S8BR. The oil leak turned out to be much more than just few drops from the breather. In fact I'll be going to see the seller and the bike. I want to get a better understanding on exactly what where the leak is eminating from. I'm bummed. BTW, the seller also has a YB11 but I do like the looks and sound of the SB8R...
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
vort28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least that puts off the new kitchen floor for the wife !!!!! Very Happy
Although , might be the first time ever that the wife has encouraged a Bimota purchase .
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends where the leak is and if there's any damage.
Good that the salesman told you about it being a breather Confused
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
At least that puts off the new kitchen floor for the wife !!!!! Very Happy
Although , might be the first time ever that the wife has encouraged a Bimota purchase .

You don't know my wife. It's the kitchen floor - Bimota or not! While the SB is not completely out off the table, there's another bargaining chip in the form of YB11. I'd rather see the SB88R in my garage, love the sound of the TL twin.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
I guess it depends where the leak is and if there's any damage.
Good that the salesman told you about it being a breather Confused

Read up on the TL 1000R in greater detail. Overall sounds like a great motor but the leaking oil is it Achilles heel. Nothing too bad, mainly clutch pushrods seal. They also like to shake cover screws loose. I'll try to find out find the real story today....
2004 BMW R11S BCR
vort28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a choice between a YB11 and a SB8 I know which one I would pick.
YB11 is OK, and if you need two seats its a bonus, but the YB has a VERY strange riding position.
The SB8 is more the bike the TL should have been, good engine and a chassis to match
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the imput Vort. I do recall the mention of the YB 11's seating position back in the day when I was looking for my first Bimota. The good news is that we are back on track with the SB8. I checked in yesterday with the seller to see whats going on and he was able to sort it all out. Two areas of leaking detected and eliminated - the counter balance shaft seal and the right plastic case cover.

Out of everyone that I personally know who rides, maybe one or two people have heard of Bimota and mine is the first one they saw live. So far I had three of my friends go with me to look at the bike and they were all impressed with the style and workmanship.

I put another 80 miles on the YB10 yesterday and it felt fantastic. I am not an overall expert in all things motorcycle but it just feels so pure. The hard part will be deciding which one to ride and which to let sit. I do know that the Dieci hates to be left on the back burner though. Maybe with the advent of fair weather I'll get to put some miles on both.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not many people have heard of Bimota these days and the one's that have generally don't realise they still make motorcycles.
When out and about or at the Manchester show , people are always shocked they that Bimota still produce bikes !!!

On the ' which bike ' front. I am sure the YB10 and the SB8 can co-exist with equally usage. I find after the usual new toy period is over , each bike has its own personality and gets attention depending on intended usage / distance to cover / time available to cover said distance!!!!! And if all that fails, its the first one that starts that will get used !! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: