Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Price for new Tesi and Impeto
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonny68

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Price for new Tesi and Impeto Reply with quote

Just seen the prices for the new bikes
Tesi £29450
Impeto £29000.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did those prices come from Sonny? As in...where did you find out as opposed to how did Bimota arrive at those prices?

May seem a lot for the Tesi Cafe racer given its perhaps limited appeal and potential use (single seat, no luggage carrying ability)....what may hold it back more though is its 800cc motor........you can buy a Ducati scrambler with the same motor for 6500.....which is a big gap......
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops...answered me own question........its Amores webpages now with prices

http://www.bimota.uk.com/tesiRC.asp

http://www.bimota.uk.com/impeto.asp
sonny68

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Where did those prices come from Sonny? As in...where did you find out as opposed to how did Bimota arrive at those prices?

May seem a lot for the Tesi Cafe racer given its perhaps limited appeal and potential use (single seat, no luggage carrying ability)....what may hold it back more though is its 800cc motor........you can buy a Ducati scrambler with the same motor for 6500.....which is a big gap......

My thoughts exactly ! A lot of money I think they are both very expensive for what they are, neither had that wow! Factor when I first saw the pictures. Tesi cafe racer has grown on me but I think I'd rather save and buy a Brough SS which I know is expensive but it looks the money.
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost makes the old Tesi naked and the DB7/8/11 seem good value !! Shocked

a, they look better
b, they look better
c, they look better
and
d, they have bigger engines, more goodies, loads more carbon and dare a say of a Bimota but may be more practical, oh and did I mention they look better Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this right............its about the looks?........New Tesi says dry weight 165kgs.......and Ducati scrambler is 170.....both with same 85bhp engine.......used to have a 750ssie with 75bhp...and whilst it was fun to ride....you would find yourself ringing its neck to enjoy yourself and I think I'd be very deflated in spending the money on a Tesi Cafe Racer with such a limited engine power....and not have the ability to either carry a pillion or panniers....For 30K you could have a whole garage full of bikes.....2nd hand Panigale or DB7 for 12-15K.....2nd hand DB6 for touring 6-10K...brand new scrambler......So thats a mintish DB7 for power and SUnday blasts........low mileage mint DB6 for scratching, commuting and touring and 2-up ability...and still change for a new scrambler.......Hhmmmmmmm
waggy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right there 2 bims, they should have used 1100 evo engine.
Crazy prices, but heres hoping someone buys them, so folks like us can buy them in a few years for under half the price Very Happy
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure at half price that I would be tempted either.
Tesi 3d naked was also 165kg and 1100 evo engine is 100bhp so I know which one I would have.
And that has nothing to do with looks
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to see their "actual" sales figures for say the last 2 years....Bimotas current "entry" level "economy" bike must be their DB10 at 22K......Any company needs a batch of "bread and butter" models selling in higher volumes that allows them to carry on selling and building higher end bikes at 30K each....something that Bimota has always done.....lots of DB5 and DB6 2nd hand bikes for sale in Italy....but that was 3-4 years ago that they stopped making those models....and at least they had enough real world power to enjoy yourself.....DB9 is now 25K and DB8 at 26K....and looking at 2nd hand stock of those bikes in Italy theres just one DB8 for sale.....so the new models dont seem to be in favour in their homeland either?

What worries me a little more is if you search Moto.it for "new Bimotas"...used to be lots of dealers there in Italy advertising new bikes.....but current search brings up just 2 NO. DB6's..........No DB8/9/10/11/12 or Tesi.....and there was always a few of each........'

Search in Germany and theres just one DB8 new and one DB9 new, and one DB10 with 10kms in the clock

Prices? DB8 22,500 Euros ....UK price though is 26,000gbp...so 49% dearer
DB9 19,990 Euros.....UK price though is 25,000gbp...69% dearer...
DB10 16,900 Euros....UK Price though is 22,000gbp...66% dearer...

This is mirrored by some mainland Europe dealers/sellers that now advertise their bikes on EBay.UK with words in English and prices in pounds.....elevated higher than if advertised in their home country on their own ebay sites.....targetting the UK as a better market to achieve higher prices....dont blame them.....and I know where I go to buy bikes...and it aint the UK
Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Not sure at half price that I would be tempted either.
Tesi 3d naked was also 165kg and 1100 evo engine is 100bhp so I know which one I would have.

What?????? So they've changed the front and rear swingarms from CrMo to carbon...thrown away the bodywork, got rid of the lengthy rear end and underseat twin cans....shrunk the engine down by 300cc and 15ponies....and saved no weight whatsoever???????.....time for some new weighing scales methinks....or at least check the calibration certificate......
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

What?????? So they've changed the front and rear swingarms from CrMo to carbon...thrown away the bodywork, got rid of the lengthy rear end and underseat twin cans....shrunk the engine down by 300cc and 15ponies....and saved no weight whatsoever???????.....time for some new weighing scales methinks....or at least check the calibration certificate......

That not really true. They have a show bike with carbon swingers on it but that ain't the production bike, read the spec.

Frame type: Alu alloy plates, front and rear swingers in 25NiCrMo4 steel. Adjustable height +/-23mm

So a bit of carbon panel missing and and an engine with smaller pistons and a few less cc's of fresh air in it !!Shocked !! Not exactly going to shave a large amount of weight off.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not.........if you click on the "brochure" that does reference that the Fr and Rear swingers are in carbon....I think the spec thingie is a hangover from previous tesi at least as regards the reference to CrMo.....The Impetu...yeh....that has "option" of carbon bits...and in the brochure its CrMo tubing in the pictures.....
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah the old Bimota Spec debate !!!!! Has it or hasn't it ???

Brochure actually has 2 specs, CrMo and a the carbon one . 165kg is steel 162kg is carbon.
sonny68

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Ah the old Bimota Spec debate !!!!! Has it or hasn't it ???

Brochure actually has 2 specs, CrMo and a the carbon one . 165kg is steel 162kg is carbon.

3kg saving between the two a lot more money probably for the carbon extras and styling that doesn't make the heart flutter 😩
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet it will be north of £1000 per 1KG saved !!!

Some things carbon is ideal for , some it is not.

However , if I got given a set of carbon swingers for my tesi 3 I would accept them of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: