Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Newbies DB4 photos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I met Vort on a bike day out...he was very late....and the rest of us were about to leave...then in the distance we could hear a stricken Lancaster bomber coming in for a crash landing....the boom and reverberations got louder and louder until some ten minutes later....crash landing....a DB4 with a corse can rounded the bend and entered the carpark....I can testify that it isnt a bike to follow at any distance less than 400 yards...the cacophony and reverberation from the empty sewer pipe end can of the corse system makes your hearing and brain go funny with the thud thud thud....it comes over you in shock waves and reverberates even through your helmet....its overtake or park up and give it some distance........fine whilst riding it...but dont be behind it........ Laughing
brian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately sounds like something I need then Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like one....and although the DB4 hasnt been made for 14 years...the company that makes the pipes is still around and could probably make them again...although I've never dared email them to ask...being in Japan with airfrieght costs, import and Tax charges on top to UK...and Corse stuff aint cheap without all that anyhow....I have a receipt just for the end cans on my DB2 from Corse back in 1996.....and they were some 1500gbp back then.........Ouch......and once I found a guy in Germany selling a corse system for DB5....but he wanted over 3500 euros for it...and it was 2nd hand......
ladolcevita7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that sure looks a damn fine bike Vort 😉
I last looked at a Corse exhaust system way back when I got the bike, and they sure were expensive then.....I would love that system, I just need to win the lottery 😄
I have been searching for a set of Mikunis for a xmas prezzy to me 😊 but no joy as of yet😕

vort28 wrote:
Brian - Early xmas present for you

Now they may be expensive but they are a work of art and the lightest can I have ever held. !! Shocked Very Happy

On the carb side , mine has Keihin FCR's not Mikuni , so I can't confirm 100% but I have to say that riding my bike and a standard carb DB4 back to back , you would not believe the difference a set of carbs makes.
If I were you, I would ditch the standard carbs, get a nice set of Mikuni's and K&N's , if you like the shotgun pipes get them stripped out and lightened, and then get it set up on the dyno. You will have one of the best bikes going, and the induction noise from the pod filters is amazing.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
deebee4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladolcevita7 wrote:
I last looked at a Corse exhaust system way back when I got the bike, and they sure were expensive then.....I would love that system, I just need to win the lottery 😄
I have been searching for a set of Mikunis for a xmas prezzy to me 😊 but no joy as of yet😕

Here's a new set of mikuni's with twist grip etc complete http://www.ducati-kaemna.de/kataloge/ducati/vergaser-einspritzbrucken-zubehor/mikuni-tdmr40-vergaser-kit-fuer-ducati-900ss-ab-1991.html or http://www.stein-dinse.biz/Komplettangebot/Duc-Artikel/Duc-Verg-Kit-Mikuni-TDMR-40-B14-900-SS::10191.html

Haven't found a used set, but now and then they'll show up.

Should I win the lottery a Corse can is not on top of my list. Cool So many nice things bimota and motorcycle related within reach then......
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow , that website has moved on in the last year or so.
Got my lightened flywheel and a few tuning bits from there a few years ago. Very nice people.

Got the Bimota sports kit by default when I bought the bike. Came with the pipe, carbs,pod filters and special tank to fit carbs. Did'nt really appreciate what the kit gave till I rode a stock db4. They are worlds apart.
Carbs are the best money per smile improvement you can put on the air cooled Duc motor I would suggest.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Compared to the stock DB4....." "Worlds apart...."...."wouldnt believe they were the same bike back to back..."......

I suppose I'll only stop hearing about it when I either throw in some mikuni flatslides into my DB4.....or drop the engine in from my DB2.......
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Compared to the stock DB4....." "Worlds apart...."...."wouldnt believe they were the same bike back to back..."......

I suppose I'll only stop hearing about it when I either throw in some mikuni flatslides into my DB4.....or drop the engine in from my DB2.......
ladolcevita7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the link on the carbs, not cheap as i have found out looking on ebay usa.

Merry Christmas to one and all 😉

deebee4 wrote:
ladolcevita7 wrote:

Here's a new set of mikuni's with twist grip etc complete http://www.ducati-kaemna.de/kataloge/ducati/vergaser-einspritzbrucken-zubehor/mikuni-tdmr40-vergaser-kit-fuer-ducati-900ss-ab-1991.html or http://www.stein-dinse.biz/Komplettangebot/Duc-Artikel/Duc-Verg-Kit-Mikuni-TDMR-40-B14-900-SS::10191.html

Haven't found a used set, but now and then they'll show up.

Should I win the lottery a Corse can is not on top of my list. Cool So many nice things bimota and motorcycle related within reach then......
hatyszysta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so I'm finishing my bike. Fairings are now painted so we had some time to upgrade some stuff in my db4. Thats the result. It's a stock clutch cover but we made some modifications. Wink

http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/hatysz/media/IMG_9252_zpszcgzlwme.jpg.html
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladolcevita7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Clutch housing Reply with quote

Hi hatyszysta

Nice job on the clutch housing and a nice clean looking bike.

Ginkuja Michal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: