Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB5 air filter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bivox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Pegaso.
SpikeC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the fast idle lever on the left handlebar? If so take a really good look at the way the cable attaches to the throttle body. It can easily allow the idle speed to increase if not carefully set up.
1965 Triumph T100SC
Bivox

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I have that lever - and will check.
kiwigeoff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

I have just found the same issue on my DB6.
I have ordered the MWR kit and it arrived a few days ago so i will fit it this weekend.

Thanks all for the advice. :

2006 DB6
Bivox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winter's almost over here, so here's my update:

After the dealer was unable to get full access to the Pegaso ECU I decided to spend on a Power Commander. Today I got the chart (sorry, I am not able to include it here):
Original set-up plus MWR air filter: 85 hp and 86 nm at the wheel, and a very crappy curve.
PC plus MWR: 90 hp and 100 nm, and a very smooth curve.

The dealer also cleaned the starter from coal dust as starting the DB was more or less a question of coincidence. He also found a almost broken cable near the ignition lock.

Hopefully, I will get the bike this week. Then we'll see what it feels like on the road.

Cheers, Frank
SpikeC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not aware that the Power Commander could be used with the Pegaso ECU That is very interesting! Now to find out how to make use of one....
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend over here in the UK has a DB5mille (1,000cc bike)...and it has a pegaso ECU...he had hiccup issues also...and got it power commanded.....and now apparently its all sorted....I can find out what he used if you like
SpikeC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 44bims! That would be marvelous!
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do spike...Its a bloke that I trust and he certainly knows his bikes...having over 40 in total that he rides...he actually doesnt know how many as he has them in 3 separate locations...most of them are Italian bikes...I have his DB1 that he used to own...Waggy has his HB3 and I know someone who used to have his DB2FE....he's had lots of Bims but a very short attention span and is always swapping and moving on...he was going to do this with his DB5Mille until he power commandered it....and now reckons its his sweetest ride...well...for this week at least...Might take a week or so as he does do email...but not the forum or other internet "stuff" as he calls it...still uses an abacus instead of a calculator...and has a camera with film in it...you know the type....
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeC wrote:
Thanks 44bims! That would be marvelous!

Bloke who power commandered his DB5Mille says this.....I think you and me have the larger probe spare socket in the front and rear headers though unlike his bike that just has the small air test valve...so that part shouldnt be a problem

"the power commander was for a DS 1000 Multistrada – same engine. On the dyno, the big problem was getting an accurate exhaust gas reading. On the rear cylinder exhaust there is a bolt to undo and put the probe in. It is small, so the probe would not go far enough in to get an accurate reading, so we had to take the pipe off, enlarge the hole and tap it out to put a bigger bolt in. Dyno bike in N.Yorks did it, he is very good. I will take the dyno print out to work tomorrow and scan it for you, no scanner at home"
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB5Mille owner confirms it was a Dynojet Power commander that he had fitted to his bike...and now runs sweet as a nut...if nuts are sweet that is.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: