Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB8SP lights

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raidermoto

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: DB8SP lights Reply with quote

Hi all, just joined the group, I have a few models but my daily ride is a 2012 DB8SP.

Over the weekend my headlights stopped working, only the parking light functions. One of the 15amp fuses continue to blow but before i go searching I was hoping to find a wiring diagram. Does anyone here have a copy?

Cheers in advance

Moz
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there...and welcome to the Forum....I suppose like the DB7...the Owners manual doesnt have the wiring diagram either?
Owners manual says the second fuse down on the DB7 fue box is a 15amp fuse for the lights....reading top to bottom it should be:-
30 amp general fuse
15 amp lights
15 amp general service
5 amp dashboard
15 amp injection
10 amp general service
15 amp fans......

Other than that its off to a Bimota dealer to try and source an electronic copy of the workshop manual that they can email through...as that should have the wiring diagram
Raidermoto

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 2Bims, and no the manual has nothing but a pic and Italian text. I was pretty sure the blown unit would be lights and you've confirmed that, thank again. The local importer is a waste of time. I tried to contact him 4 times, email & phone, to buy the cat replacement exhaust and he refuses to take my calls. We do a lot of high-end bike stuff and I'm told by friends that he sees us as an unwelcome competitor; tosser. I'll get a schematic from Italy, scan and upload to the forum.

ciao4now
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Raider...if youre still looking for replacement to the cat box...I have the contact details of a lovely lady that works for Zard...who reads and writes and talks English....as you can just replace the link pipes to remove the 5 kilo cat box....or there are others on here, Vort, who have bought replacement back systems consisting of link pipes and rear cans direct from Italy...so that you keep the headers that are cat free.....the bikes seem to start and run better without them...Being a business and outside of the EU they should sell you them tax free (IGV as they call it) as long as you are also VAT reg'd in Oz
Raidermoto

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanks again 2B, great info and contacts to keep on file and I'm sure they'll come in handy on one of our endless stream of projects. I already decided to build a custom system on the 8, it's the sort of thing we do every day and was really only being a bit lazy in going for an off the self item. I decided to do away altogether with the Ti muffler & cat, and fabricate a slash-cut outlet similar to the Yam MotoGp exhaust. Also fitting Rapidbike ecu, just the evo system first, not a fan of traction control.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: