Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB8 V plate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raidermoto

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: DB8 V plate Reply with quote

Hi all, I've seen a lot of design flaws in my time but Bimota's method of retaining the V-plate, or chest plate, has to be right up there! The only way I can see to reinstall it is removing the front wheel. Anyone else experience this stupidity? I've removed the slot lugs from the V-plate and inserted blind nutserts into the fairing tangs.
djt77

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by V plate or Chest plate?

I've stripped my down many times and it's a doddle?
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think hes talking about the infill panel between the lower belly pan fairing directly behind the front wheel low down.........
Raidermoto

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me a chest plate & V-Plate is the same thing but to others they know them only as one of the other; that's the only reason I included both terminologies.

On my particular SP there's definitely no way it will come out unless you remove one fairing so that you can bend the flex the carbon around enough to get the tang up and out of the fairing slot. However, you can't manipulate the items sufficiently to get it back in. If the V-plate could angle backward around 45 deg it would slip straight in, although it would be very tight for clearance under the rocker cover. But that's a moot point as there's not enough room behind the tyre to get the V-plate on the required angle.

The nutsert would have been a much simpler alternative from the factory imo.
djt77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes def have to remove one of the side fairing panels, there is a sweet spot to it that makes it all fit together nicely, times I cursed when putting it back on. Got the hang of it now though.
djt77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes def have to remove one of the side fairing panels, there is a sweet spot to it that makes it all fit together nicely, times I cursed when putting it back on. Got the hang of it now though.
Raidermoto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djt77 wrote:

You're more patient than me Razz
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know exactly where you are coming from Raider. First time I removed DB7 fairing, came apart reasonably easy . re-assembling ,put the sides back one and could I get that infill in !!!! Twisted Evil It does get better with practice , but best to fit infill to RH side, loosely fit the other side to bike and then mount second side and infill together.
Another issue is the battery connections. Found these very tight against the fairing and have to be in correct orientation to allow fairing to fit properly.

Its like many Bimota's , everything very compact and tight, and fairings made for style not necessarily maintenance . All part of the bonding process. Laughing
Raidermoto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its like many Bimota's , everything very compact and tight, and fairings made for style not necessarily maintenance . All part of the bonding process. Laughing[/quote]

Aint it a fact!! My first B-intro was bare fame KB1 resto!! Since then had couple DB1's, YB9 and now the 8. I also have a BiMonkey, know what they are?
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidermoto wrote:
I also have a BiMonkey, know what they are?

Is that a Monkey that swings both ways Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: