Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB7 ECU & Relays

View previous topic :: View next topic  
williannie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: SB7 ECU & Relays Reply with quote

Hi All

I have a SB7
Engine number R725100113
VIN 00475.

I am repairing the bike to get it back on the road and I need an ECU and relays.
Any advice on a replacement ECU would be much appreciated. I have contacted Biota Parts, just waiting for a reply but wanted to look at options to sourcing from Bimota.

Thanks
Ann
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike, which colours is it in ?

Do you have an ECU on the bike ? I'm not sure what the original one was based on and the chances Bimota had a spare is more like a coin toss, but you never know.

You could try Amore Moto, the Bimota UK people. They race a YB (Yamaha engine) in classic TT which I think they were going to put injection onto using a Motec system. They might be able to do something similar. Maybe something a bit cheaper would be something like a GSXR600 K series, it might be easier to lift the whole system, injectors, loom, stick coils and ECU and drop it onto the SB7 - I have no idea if either approach is viable though
djk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a SB7 on youtube and the person changed it to carbs, they also made up a aluminium petrol tank and other fabricating work.

Before I brought my SB7 I was looking at another that had been a parts bike for other Bimotas and it was missing its ecu, when I asked around Motec seemed to be the name as a replacement as I don't think any original ones are available(I could be wrong of course). A Motec will require dyno time to set up as I don't think a base map will be in their system for a SB7.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: