Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Delirio in Ireland

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Delirio in Ireland Reply with quote

Thanks to internet, found this little juicy tid bit:

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/bimota-db6-delirio/12182255

Anyone here knows this bike?
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Reggiebusa

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that not a bit pricey at £11300 in proper money. Don't know how I missed that. Some good stuff on Donedeal, but will pass on that.
vort28

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow , best get mine up for sale if they going for that !! Shocked
phil-short

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last few DB6 ads shown here have all been around this money and I was surprised. I want one, but not for that money. I suppose though, if I had it I probably would!
I don't know this bike, and Ireland is only like a county, but with such low mileage it doesn't get out much does it?
Again, I am sure cash talks.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very "scant" details on the bike...doesnt even say what year it is......After 2008 due to koso clocks it looks like...but It appears that its just a straight direct import and sell on for a profit.....Advert says "leather seat etc...factory standard.."...Indeed looks like a standard seat...but it sure isnt leather...so I imagine the owner is a dealer and has never even sat on the bike..mirrors missing...and "non standard" carbon squishy zard end cans...looks like it still has the factory fitted tyres not changed since it left the factory...a bit too "super slick" for this side of Europe...
yb11reno

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at a db6 (USA) a couple weeks ago. CF squishy Zard exhaust, cf belt covers, front fairing, replace Koso clock with aftermarket cluster that actually works (!). Asking $12,900 us. Bike was clean enough to eat off it, very fussy owner.
Good price?
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesnt seem a bad price conidering its in the US.....bikes had to travel a fair way and have import tax paid on it...in Italy you can pick them up from 6,000 euros to 15,000 euros...prices vary greatly....is it a 1,000cc or 1100? Dry clutch or wet clutch? zard squishies are nice and a $1,000 EXTRA just for the cans...dont think that they come with extractable baffles though if noise is an issue where you are for registering/running...as in they come plain open and not baffleable....Arrow titanium cans are round and come with removable/replaceable baffles....

Early 1,000cc models had pegaso ECU's that are no longer available...so much so that Bimota now offer an ECU change to Walbro with clocks...but evidently they charge for this....the pegaso units had hiccups at 5-6thou...later 1100 units with Koso clocks not an issue....all depends on mileage, age and condition....have seen cheaper and dearer....

Would recommend sitting on one though...riding position is fine....but that riders seat is narrow...not an issue....but it is very very short....the more rotund derriere's need not apply...as you may get stuck in the seat.....take a look.....tank right in front and high...and pillion perch right behind and high......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: