Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New VDue owner in USA Gauges Wonky
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
driift

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: New VDue owner in USA Gauges Wonky Reply with quote

Have a mostly fully sorted Vdue that at some point I will post all the mods to get it running properly. My question at some point the gauges started to go wonky and have a mind of their own. They will work for like 3 seconds, then the oil light flickers on and they go dead, then back on about 5 seconds later. Does anyone know the fix for this. I know the gauges were replaced along with all ecus cdi data loggers,the bike is a runner but I cannot seem to know why they are so wonky.

[/URL]

[/URL][/img]
Weed

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bad earth? Lovely looking bike. Is it still EFI?
driift

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weed wrote:

Yes still original fuel injected bike. . I will do a complete write-up soon on all that was involved getting it going. Found the original owner who did all the work to it.

Tim
BOFFER

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have pm you on this. ta
BOFFER

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have pm you on this. ta
BOFFER

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, for the benefit of the group I will elaborate on what happened with my v-due. The clocks always went crazy and I tracked it down to electrical interference from the plug leads and cap. It seems Piero used some cheap leads and caps that were poor quality. As a short term fix I put silver tin foil on the leads and cap to suppress the current which gave it an immediate 50% fix. When I upgraded the leads to top quality ones it cured the issue. It was always electrical interference but couldn't work out where it was coming from. Good luck and hope it works for you.
Weed

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driift wrote:
Weed wrote:

Yes still original fuel injected bike. . I will do a complete write-up soon on all that was involved getting it going. Found the original owner who did all the work to it.

Tim

I will be looking forward to reading that.
driift

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boffer. Wow. When I found the original owner he directed me to the guy who did all the work on the bike to get it fully sorted and running on the fuel injection. You guys will be blown away at the level this guy went to. Here is his email. My gawd to similar to what you wrote above. Great info great member community and glad we are posting this in the forum so others can benefit. These are amazing bikes I have owned many two strokes (rg500, TZR spr, vj22, vj23a-current, mc21, mc28, sdr200, kr1s-current, etc) but this is a different experience. Fortunate to find one like this, his response ....

Hi Tim,
Congratulations on getting your dream bike! What a coincidence that it found its way back in this neck of the woods.
I'll tell you that the root cause of the running problems Jer had with it ended up being cross interference of the spark plug wires. Your symptom sounds like the same issue. I was able to move them around to stop it but the plug wires really need replacing (if they havent been already).
I hope that might sort ot out.
Regards
Alex
BOFFER

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boooooooooooom.
If you have any more issues let me know but personally I wouldn't trust the oil injection at all and better to just run it on pre mix or reroute the oil into the fuel. Also beware of old things on the bike such as fuel pumps / rubber hoses etc as they are all 1998 bikes and many not overhauled since. Like you say some great people on this forum who can help and I have had great feedback from a few such as Vort / 2 bims and bimota nige who I have known for years. Good luck in your ownership. I am beginning to forget what vdues look like as I imported mine in 2006.
BOFFER

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boooooooooooom.
If you have any more issues let me know but personally I wouldn't trust the oil injection at all and better to just run it on pre mix or reroute the oil into the fuel. Also beware of old things on the bike such as fuel pumps / rubber hoses etc as they are all 1998 bikes and many not overhauled since. Like you say some great people on this forum who can help and I have had great feedback from a few such as Vort / 2 bims and bimota nige who I have known for years. Good luck in your ownership. I am beginning to forget what vdues look like as I imported mine in 2006.
driift

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its interesting you reference the oil injection system. I mention it because it seems that the oil as I was told is controlled by the throttle and too much wreaks havoc on throttle response causing hesitation and misfires. I know that the previous owner used some sort of needle valve to control it but that has since been removed. I want to get the spark plug wires and interference issues addressed prior to mucking about with the 2T oil.

I was also told to ground (earth) everything. He told me that once he has everything completely grounded, the bike ran much much better. I am awaiting what exactly he was referring to and how. He said he had it completely grounded but I am not sure what happened along the way.

Tim
BOFFER

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The oil is injected directly into the cylinders as opposed to the normal 2 stroke deal where the oil is mixed with the fuel. The difference can be blamed on the Amercians (no offence) because the bike was designed for the US market where emissions from a standard 2 stroke were not allowed and hence injecting directly into the cylinder keeps the emissions down. The problem is it didn't work very well and it either had too much or too little oil resulting in mis- firing, oil everywhere including onto the back tyre or lack of oil causing wrong mixture, overheating etc. You can of course control the oil with the screw on the bottom of the oil tank but better to leave it fully open and resolve it properly. Its only my opinion and many will disagree but better to move the oil to the fuel one way or another and either rerouting it or running on premix straight from the tank will sort this out. In general, the original injection bikes are not as sorted as the carb bikes and will cause you more issues. It would be fair to say that the later the bike the better its likely to be as the factory made them better and better each time they sold one. The early bikes with no internal engine mods are just worthless in my opinion and for spares only as they need to go back to Italy to be sorted. Just my opinion though.
trev45

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK the EFI bikes run fine when sorted I have ridden one for years

The oil must stay as it is needed , not your normal set up

The oil feeds on these bike deliver crank bearings and con rods threw oil holes
if you ran it on a premix set up it would go BANG

Trev
driift

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trev,

My bike is a fully sorted efi model like yours. I am getting some rf interference as the plug wires need sorting it appears. The original owner also put in a knob to control oil flow but I am not sure how to use it correctly.

What exactly did you do to regulate the proper amount of oil being injected into the cylinders? I can see by looking at the oil pump it is cable driven by the throttle. How do you ha e your sets to flow the proper amount as to not foul plugs, reduce the gestation and misfiring associated with oil injection.

My bike has a spark multiplier installed among other things that allows the plug to be gapped at double the distance while running one heat range lower. I will do a full write up on it but for now am curious about how you addressed your oiling issues.

Tim
trev45

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bike is like it left the factory no mods at all
Just made sure all is set up fitted and set up right
Pump is on lowest setting posable

Trev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: