Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB10, help with wheels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things will be ok with the wheels, you were just unlucky with the first set.
Be prepared for the for the quicker turn in and steering .

Enjoy Scotland.
glened

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback from everyone, especial Steve and Stuart. Had the tyres fitted today, my son Mathew is a fan of track days and loaned me his set of tyre warmers. 1/2 an hour being warmed and the tyres just "flopped" on fitting the wheels this weekend hopefully. Would normally have done it Saturday afternoon, but I have got a ride test ride booked on the 1299 Panigale, should be interesting.... I will try and get some pics of the wheels fitted to the bike, and will let you all know what difference they make.
vort28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood 'ell , you on a 1299 Pantiless , that will be very interesting !!!!
Just remember it is not your bike, So ' RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT ' Shocked Laughing
glened

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the comments re my testing the Panigale. It had rained and the pace was not even close to getting any heat in the tyres, that coupled with riding out with the Ducati boy's who were under instructions to bring all the "Duck's" home just meant that the ride was dull. The bike itself is an awesome piece of kit, with more "Nanny" modes that you would get at at a health and safety meeting.. However when I got home I fitted the wheels to the bike and took it out for a quick spin, didn't do many miles but enough for me to get a feel for the bike and the way it has improved the handling on the front end. I will know more after next week but at the moment OMG.. You can keep the Panigale my little Bim is awesome by comparison.

Sorry Steve that I did not have time to call in for that brew, will call round soon
vort28

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you looking to trade the DB10 for the Panti , or just have another ?

If you like the 4V Duc motor without the nanny modes you should try a DB7 . You in Ormskirk aren't you , only 10 miles away if you want a look at my DB7.
glened

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stuart.
I will find time to nip across and see you. The deal on the Panigale was nothing more than idle chat. I said the only modern bike I would be interested would be the 1299 Panigale. My friend who has got connections into Ducati arranged it for me, It was never going to replace the Bim, because there is nothing out there in my opinion that can replace it, for fun and making me laugh and riding like you stole it... and keeping under 100mph Very Happy
vort28

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glened wrote:

... and keeping under 100mph Very Happy

That is the problem with most big bikes these days , they feel ' happy ' at 3 figures plus.
Rode my DB7 quite a bit last year , and few times entering corners thought I had really messed things up, wrong lines etc , and was trying to work out why, then realised I was entering corners I knew far quicker than before as going a lot faster down the straights than on any other bike . Just felt so easy !!!! But not the best thing for self/licence preservation !!
SpikeC

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, vort, I experienced that very thing back when I acquired my first BMW K1200RS!
1965 Triumph T100SC
glened

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just returned from Scotland, travelled over 1500 miles on the new wheels and tyres, both tyres and wheels performed well. I was initially concerned about the effect of fitting carbon wheels to an already flighty motorcycle. They have transformed the bike, I would describe the bikes handling before the upgrade like a sharp knife!, it has now become a scalpel. Around the top of Scotland from Ullapool to Tongue, on both single track roads and fast sweeping "A" roads the bike is an absolute delight. The New Dunlop tyres performed brilliantly in both the wet and the dry. Both the front and rear is showing signs of wear on the edges but with care I should get another 1500 miles out of them. Anyone else out there contemplating changing the wheels for carbon?, then in my opinion it would be the best performance accessory you could spend your money on. The brakes and suspension have been greatly improved. What else can I say... role on summer off to the Alps Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it went well for you Glen....now we just need pictures of your DB in the HIghlands....that is if you ever stopped long enough in one place to take a photo....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: