Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB6R Speedometer Error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crave57

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: DB6R Speedometer Error Reply with quote

Hello,
I am new to Bimota and this site. Just picked up an '-09 6R and gotta say, can't get enough of riding the bike. My 'first' problem though is that the speedometer significantly over reads the speed. More concerning is that the mileage is also being over calculated. I'm estimating by 25% or more. Even though it is set to MPH, it might be reading KPH. My dealer's answer was that yes, he is having discussions with Bimota about this. I can guesstimate my speed, but for value, I don't want any additional unwarranted mileage. Has anyone experienced this or better yet found a solution? Help appreciated. david
jirka-st2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: DB6R Speedometer Error Reply with quote

crave57 wrote:
Hello,
I am new to Bimota and this site. Just picked up an '-09 6R and gotta say, can't get enough of riding the bike. My 'first' problem though is that the speedometer significantly over reads the speed. More concerning is that the mileage is also being over calculated. I'm estimating by 25% or more. Even though it is set to MPH, it might be reading KPH. My dealer's answer was that yes, he is having discussions with Bimota about this. I can guesstimate my speed, but for value, I don't want any additional unwarranted mileage. Has anyone experienced this or better yet found a solution? Help appreciated. david

Hello David,
I am new owner of DB6R and I have the same problem. Did you solve it?
Jiri
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine the speedo is the sensor type that takes it's readings from the front / rear sprockets or the front brake disc bolts. If it's the disc bolts then you'll need to measure the circumference of the tyre.

I think the clocks are made by Koso so you should be able to reset and reprograme them. Try http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/ to begin with then maybe this forum site http://www.kosoeurope.com/forum/
oily

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought.............
Try contacting Koso direct
It might be quicker Wink
jirka-st2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
I imagine the speedo is the sensor type that takes it's readings from the front / rear sprockets or the front brake disc bolts. If it's the disc bolts then you'll need to measure the circumference of the tyre.

I think the clocks are made by Koso so you should be able to reset and reprograme them. Try http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/ to begin with then maybe this forum site http://www.kosoeurope.com/forum/

Thanks for your answer. I see the problem that I cannot open setting screen as it is written in in rx2n manual, to check number of sensors and tire circumference setting. If you or anybody knows, how to open at OEM Bimota indicator setting screen, let me know, please.
oily

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The setting screen is probably locked at the Bimota factory.
As I said....Try contacting Koso direct, it will probably be quicker Wink
jirka-st2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
The setting screen is probably locked at the Bimota factory.
As I said....Try contacting Koso direct, it will probably be quicker Wink

Thank you in any case for your advice.
Jiri
crave57

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow,
It's been a year and I got a reply!
Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for Bimota to get back to me. I too haven't had any luck with resolving issue. Initially I thought the erroneous reading was in kph, not mph, which I could deal with. But I've done a few comparisons with other vehicles to judge me speed, and my speedometer is picking numbers all on its own!
jirka-st2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crave57 wrote:
Wow,
It's been a year and I got a reply!
Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for Bimota to get back to me. I too haven't had any luck with resolving issue. Initially I thought the erroneous reading was in kph, not mph, which I could deal with. But I've done a few comparisons with other vehicles to judge me speed, and my speedometer is picking numbers all on its own!

I had to send dashboard to Bimota and they´ve changed setting. There is a difference between standard DB6 and DB6R version. Now it´s OK. I tried also to change one of steel screws on rearsprocket for inox one and it also helped.
Jiri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: