Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Starting problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bannrikae wrote:

She certainly needs getting used to Very Happy
The tall first gear makes roundabouts interesting, stuttering around them.
There seems to be loads of power but she won't rev over 10k, is this normal?

BG

They re very interesting to ride !!!! Very Happy but loads of smiles per mile !!

First is tall and takes some getting used to , try not to slip it to much as that can glaze the clutch plates , also clean the clutch out periodically , I guess yours currently clean though as bike has been apart.
Have a look at the sprockets, they generally have 16 teeth fronts, but Piero does a 15 that quite a lot have . Think they have a 40 tooth rear, I also upped mine slightly when I change the wheels .
Trev's right though , you are going to use LOTS of fuel !!!! There great !!
driift

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this. I have basically every two stroke on the planet. Currently have kr1s, vj23 lucky, 76 tz250, cr500af. Had in past rg500, mc21, mc28, vj22, sdr200, TZR spr, and have to say nothing compares to the vdue.

My bike is almost there just trying to figure out a little hesitancy up top whether it's too much oil lack of fuel or rf interference but man it's cleaned up nicely and a real treat to ride. Absolutely love it.

Tim
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a UK Owner of a carbie Vdue....who must be one of the UK's biggest 2 stroke fans with over 40 of them in his collection, NS400, RG500, RD500...KR1's, RGV250's etc...and some modded RD350's.....only bike he didnt have was a Vdue until a few years ago he completed his collection......A motorbike magazine wanted to run a comparison test with his RG500, RD500, NS400 and the Vdue.....he said "no way".....the jap stuff yeh...but not the Vdue...Why?...coz theres such a gulf of difference with the Vdue it would make all his other special 2-strokes come across as a bit lame, dated...and just not so special....and he didnt want that feeding to the public
bannrikae

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know the revs stopping at 10k is normal, thought I had another problem to sort out.
Just been out for my second ride, Starting to get used to riding her and smiling more all the time.
Managed to get the Fuel light up already, guess my new hobby will be spotting petrol stations Smile

She seems very jerky at the point between accelerating and decelerating ie, holding a steady speed, if that makes sense. I'm guessing that may be down to the carbs being slightly out of balance.

I recently sold my zzr1400 and it was either the new ZX10 or the V Due, I definatly made the right choice Very Happy

BG
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically....they like to be on the gas all the time....that way oil is being fed in all the time....its a process of accelerating up to the back of cars...knocking it down a cog to decelerate...and accelerating again...needless to say its a bit of a pain in Rush hour traffic and not what they are intended for really...but at a constant throttle or accelerating when the roads are clear...ah...heaven......they do jerk and be intermittent when trying to just idle ....you just have to learn the way of the 2-stroke.....cant be lazy and be in the wrong gear...and just have to be on it like a GP bike...Hunting is common around the 4k revs mark...which just happens to be around 30mph....bit of a pain
driift

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fuel injected bike does the same thing. Unless it's ripping at a constant throttle it stutters a bit. It's just the nature of the beast. One throttle pure bliss. It feels so good the throttle of a fuel injected Big Bang motor. Love it. Fine tuning it now. Seems rf interference was the biggest issue. Grounding everything really strong pull now but I still get a little hesitancy around 8k trying to figure out if it's fuel excess oil or spark. Feels like excess oil but to me this is the fun part. Getting challenged to get the peak out of a vdue. I absolutely am over the moon with this bike. It's phenomenal.
driift

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driift

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fuel injected bike does the same thing. Unless it's ripping at a constant throttle it stutters a bit. It's just the nature of the beast. One throttle pure bliss. It feels so good the throttle of a fuel injected Big Bang motor. Love it. Fine tuning it now. Seems rf interference was the biggest issue. Grounding everything really strong pull now but I still get a little hesitancy around 8k trying to figure out if it's fuel excess oil or spark. Feels like excess oil but to me this is the fun part. Getting challenged to get the peak out of a vdue. I absolutely am over the moon with this bike. It's phenomenal.
bannrikae

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last post was made after following my son home through a busy town centre, so probably the worst place to ride a V Due,
I agree, with the limited riding I've done on her I think she is awsome.
Cant wait to get back out on her but I have a wrist problem which is made worse by riding my bikes Evil or Very Mad
I'm not a complete 2 Stroke newby, I've had an Aprilia rs 250 for about a year and used to have an LC250 back in the day, but I haven't had that much experience.

BG
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defo....the worst place to be riding a Vdue.....commuter traffic is hell on a Vdue...conscious you may stall at lights...and have to do the dance with getting back into neutral, with the neutral light on...as they wont start in gear........and trying to pull that tall gear at 4-5 thou whilst slipping the clutch....keeping it rolling at just one 1mph is enough not to need to slip or high revs....its that initial impetus to get it moving forward thats tricky...
vort28

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bannrikae wrote:

I recently sold my zzr1400 and it was either the new ZX10 or the V Due, I definatly made the right choice Very Happy

BG

Wow, that was a massive step ZZr1400 monster torque bus , to a rev happy roller skate Shocked , you certainly going to notice a difference.

Never ridden a standard piped Vdue, but can only imagine them to feel a bit strangled. Trofeo and jolly moto pipes obviously allow for more exhaust flow, but also have different jets and ignition curve.
Piero always tells me that JM are the best set up for vdue running, but expensive.
bannrikae

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also got a 2003 Fireblade that sat in the Garage next to the ZZR. Whenever I wanted to go out for a ride, I always chose the fireblade, as awsome as the ZZr was, it was much to heavy and I prefer the smaller sportsbike style.

Still getting used to the V due but the light weight, handling and plenty of power for me, makes this my sort of bike.

Have to get used to the bike as it is but in the future, Jolly's, mmmmm Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: