Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2 bimota stand
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its any consolation...its impossible to know everything....non-one does....a bike made on a monday morning could differ from one made same day in the afternoon.....whatever they had left in parts and stock....or even what someone ordered, which continues today....parts can be changed and altered to order, same for colour schemes....and seeing as theres precious few people that still own the same bike from new....parts could have been changed by previous owners....all part of the great mystery...and why Forums like this come about so knowledge can be shared, questions asked...Photos posted...etc etc
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres my mirrors, I see what you mean steve, the ones for sale at BCP don't seem to have threaded studs!

[img][/img]
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img][/img]
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a another famous Bimota "constantly evolving development, products may be changed"......early stuff were blank mirrors with 3 holes in, the outer 2 being used with bolts to locate to DB2 bodywork and those extension stays...although I do have a set where the ball end of the brass studs has been cut off and the remaining hex section brass pin has been turned and threaded to accept fastening nuts......I see that you are "missing" the plastic plugs to the tops of your stays....still available from BCP I think....

Mirrors and changes....although mine are carbon fibre....just another change by its previous owner....

TVRRICH

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a collection you have there!, great info as usual, thanks, that saves me buying the ones from BCP. I will look on the site for the caps, mind you I find the BCP site a bit difficult to find things on!!. Are the relevant mirrors with the threaded studs off any other bike?
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're ever needing spare mirrors with the threaded studs...well...you know where to come.....I have cleared out a load of spares....only keeping relevant spares for the bikes I have...or parts removed when I upgraded parts on bikes I have...like changing the stock black mirrors on the DB4 and Vdue to red mirrors....taking the black ones off and storing them...its only the spares in case I used the other spares that I have sold off...ahem.....

I've checked on BCP's website....and the spare parts diagram doesnt show a plug.....and my spare parts brochures archives (which are different) doesnt show them either.......But they look like this

They happen to be exactly the same size as the plugs that fit in the ends of the swinging arm pivot/spindle where it meets the engine block....Part Number 502262220...that Paolo does have

http://www.bimotaclassicparts.com/en/ricerca?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=502262220&submit_search=

As i'm missing one of those for the other side of the spindle....must be unbalancing my bike like crazy....Although the plugs for the mirror supports are "holed" on the reverse face to fit over the button bolt holding the spar onto the headlight subframe.......

Swingarm plug, far left, mirror stays middle and far right.......

I'm not aware of the threaded units being used on other Bimotas....ones I'm familiar with or DB4, Vdue and YB11...and they all employed the brass pins with spring clips on the back and one central bolt hole.......Mirrors are made by Italian company far....still available with the brass pins new or used...under Cagiva Mito...Plenty of stock left...and these could be turned up with a tap and die set to work

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H1.Xcagiva+mito+mirror.TRS0&_nkw=cagiva+mito+mirror&_sacat=0
vort28

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVRRICH wrote:
I did think of another way to utilize the stand , that was to find another bike it would fit as in buy another!!!, from looking at the forum members there don't seem to be many with only one Bimota. Only one problem getting that passed my better half!. Anyway hopefully Paolo will come up with the goods and save me the problem

One Bimota is NEVER enough .
And I think the stand issue is an excellent reason to get another bike. Lets face it , the better half will buy a pair of shoes and then have to buy a whole new outfit to go with them , so you got the stand, just need a bike to go with it !!!!! But with one do you go for ????? a little red fruity number are the sultry black one ????? The decision is yours !! Confused
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
TVRRICH wrote:
I did think of another way to utilize the stand , that was to find another bike it would fit as in buy another!!!, from looking at the forum members there don't seem to be many with only one Bimota. Only one problem getting that passed my better half!. Anyway hopefully Paolo will come up with the goods and save me the problem

One Bimota is NEVER enough .
And I think the stand issue is an excellent reason to get another bike. Lets face it , the better half will buy a pair of shoes and then have to buy a whole new outfit to go with them , so you got the stand, just need a bike to go with it !!!!! But with one do you go for ????? a little red fruity number are the sultry black one ????? The decision is yours !! Confused

Thanks vort I will mull that one over!!
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
If you're ever needing spare mirrors with the threaded studs...well...you know where to come.....I have cleared out a load of spares....only keeping relevant spares for the bikes I have...or parts removed when I upgraded parts on bikes I have...like changing the stock black mirrors on the DB4 and Vdue to red mirrors....taking the black ones off and storing them...its only the spares in case I used the other spares that I have sold off...ahem.....

I've checked on BCP's website....and the spare parts diagram doesnt show a plug.....and my spare parts brochures archives (which are different) doesnt show them either.......But they look like this

They happen to be exactly the same size as the plugs that fit in the ends of the swinging arm pivot/spindle where it meets the engine block....Part Number 502262220...that Paolo does have

http://www.bimotaclassicparts.com/en/ricerca?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=502262220&submit_search=

As i'm missing one of those for the other side of the spindle....must be unbalancing my bike like crazy....Although the plugs for the mirror supports are "holed" on the reverse face to fit over the button bolt holding the spar onto the headlight subframe.......

Swingarm plug, far left, mirror stays middle and far right.......

I'm not aware of the threaded units being used on other Bimotas....ones I'm familiar with or DB4, Vdue and YB11...and they all employed the brass pins with spring clips on the back and one central bolt hole.......Mirrors are made by Italian company far....still available with the brass pins new or used...under Cagiva Mito...Plenty of stock left...and these could be turned up with a tap and die set to work

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H1.Xcagiva+mito+mirror.TRS0&_nkw=cagiva+mito+mirror&_sacat=0

Thanks Steve will give them a look
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that Paolo has put a version of the bimota stand with 2 pins for the DB 1 and DB 2 on e bay, only one left though!. Gent that he is he has put the 2 pins for my stand in the post, should be here next week.[/img]
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich, PM sent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: