Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Brembo parts, YB11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy Robson

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Brembo parts, YB11 Reply with quote

Hi
Can anyone help with identification/model number of the Brembo master cylinder for the clutch and the brake master cylinder.

I have just acquired a YB11 with some 10,500 km on it but the brake master cylinder is leaking. Information on these seems minimal along with repair kits.
Any help appreciated such as the dimension of the bores

TA

Andy Robson Confused
yb11reno

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a replacement clutch master for my yb11 from oppracing.com
30805 Brembo oe clutch master cylinder p13 gold without reservoir w/lever 39 reg./
Cost was $163.92 not including shipping.
It was an exact match.
Falcolion

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also get any 01-04 Aprilia brake and clutch levers
2008 BMW HP2 Sport
2007 Aprilia RSVR Bol D'Or
2006 Bimota SB8K Santamonica
2005 Benelli Tornado Tre
2002 Mondial Piega
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or look out for Ducati 748/916/996/998 brake and clutch masters brembo gold series....or "d'oro" as they call them in Italy...a few places do repair kits....but some countries wont sell them due to liability of you fixing your own brakes...and wont take the risk of selling the parts...

This company sells spares...but I think they are for the black coffin box series of brembos.......so USA looks like the place for repair kits...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ducati-Brembo-13mm-Front-Brake-Clutch-Master-Cylinder-REC-REM-Seal-Rebuild-Kit-/351723777946?hash=item51e45eef9a:g:GAoAAOSwwTlUowNj

they also new NOS Gold series replacement stuff

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Ducati-Monster-S4-S4R-OEM-Brembo-Gold-Front-Brake-Master-Cylinder-Pump-Lever-/351714869316?hash=item51e3d70044:g:xMIAAOxyUrZSyFCl
bimotabob

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fitted Brembo goldline series to my Furano and done some research with seal kits. Brembo is good in this area as the kits come with everything.

The master cylinders have the Brembo number stamped in them and you use that to identify the seal kits.
For example i'm using the 13mm Ducati clutch master circa 916 era and i found it is the same kit that fits my Brembo brake master on my KTM.
Basically they make things easy so kit sizes are interchangeable even if the master cylinder is quite different.

Theres some tricks to rebuilding them though. Read the paperwork with the kit.
For example i done one where you put a punch inside the banjo hole to tap out the special piston and seal and then press in the new outer clip with a long drift which holds everything in place, no circlip.
Andy Robson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks everyone. I gave up and bought a pair of new master cylinders. Didn't want to risk a rebuild with a potential fluid leak cacking up the apintwork
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: